Company: Midtown Assisted Living Residence
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Midtown Assisted Living Residence - Duties and
- Assist with landscaping tasks, mowing, trimming, planting,
- Maintain lawn care equipment.
- Maintain exterior/interior door locks.
- Maintain/repair/clean windows and screens.
- Clean and/or paint exterior surfaces as needed.
- Replace burned out light bulbs in all areas of the
- Clean/change air filters.
- Clean/vacuum refrigerator/freezer coils and
- Service heating and cooling units according to manufacturer
guidelines and facility policies and procedures.
- Assist with fire drills and building evacuations.
- Complete life safety code assignments.
- Assist in maintaining plant operations and life safety
- Complete safety audits as assigned.
- Maintain handicapped bars in baths.
- Assist with HVAC, electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Repair/replace light fixtures.
- Test and record water temperatures.
- Repair call systems, cords, call bells, bed alarms, chair
- Perform commercial washer and dryer preventative maintenance
- Ensure fire extinguishers are current and in proper working
- Perform minor equipment repair.
- Perform carpentry duties, operate saws, hand tools,
- Repair/remove/replace ceiling tile.
- Repair walls, paint, caulk, strip and stain furniture, repair
floor tile, install dry wall.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with commercial maintenance and repair of buildings,
plumbing, electrical systems,alarm systems, appliances, commercial
stoves, refrigerators, air-conditioning and heating units.
- General construction experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must display professionalism both in appearance and
- Must possess the ability to solve problems and make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must genuinely care for and understand the elderly and other
persons with various disabilities.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with peers,
residents, family members, visitors,government agency personnel and
the general public.
- Must possess the ability and the willingness to work
harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have patience, tact, a positive disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Keywords: Midtown Assisted Living Residence, Hollywood , Maintenance Assistant, Professions , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...