* IT - systems Administrator II
Company: Seminole Gaming
Posted on: March 17, 2023
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, "Bora Bora" style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
Under the direction of the IT Director, the incumbent will provide technical assistance, support and advice to hotel and casino staff using computers and computer peripherals. He/she will troubleshoot and diagnose issues as reported by staff, gather data to identify staff needs and then use that information to identify, interpret and evaluate system requirements. He/she will also assist other IT staff to prepare and conduct user training in the proper use of new hardware and software as it is introduced. The incumbent will coordinate with equipment vendors and service providers for maintenance and services provided for in-equipment and service support agreements through the departmental License and Security Administrator. He/she will act in a Supervisory role for the Systems Administration Team.
Essential Job Functions:
* Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
* Receive, configure, install and support computer hardware and peripherals in a networked environment.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware and software issues for users in their workspace.
* Assist the Network Administrator and other IT staff in the roll-out of network, operating system and software upgrades and patches as those requirements arise.
* Use common hand tools, diagnostic and predictive software and tools to perform routine maintenance and upgrades on computers, peripherals and server hardware and appliances.
* Manage replacement spares through repair or Dealer RMA programs to insure maximum hardware availability and minimum down-time related to maintenance issues.
* Maintain statistical and maintenance data on the remediation of issues with supported hardware and appliances.
* Lift and carry 30 pounds frequently during a shift.
* Perform other departmental duties as may be required by Management.
* Perform administrative tasks as may be required by local and corporate policy.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment.
* Supervise Systems Administrators in scheduling, training, coaching, mentoring, evaluating and disciplining.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
* Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company's Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
* Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
* Perform other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's Degree in a computer related discipline is preferred. Equivalent technical training and certification may be considered. Four (4) years of experience managing a computer hardware support and maintenance team, as well as, performing as a member of that team is also preferred. Prefer candidate possess MCSE certification and VMWare certification.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen
Disclaimer While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Seminole Gaming, Hollywood , * IT - systems Administrator II, Other , Hollywood, Florida
here to apply!