Representative - Patient Financial Svcs - Staff Relief: MHM - Patient Financial Svcs
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Performs access functions for all patients presenting for services.
* Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered with timeliness and accuracy.
* Communicates with physician's and their staff, nursing unit staff, and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information.
* Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary.
* Determines and accepts required payments, including but not limited to co-pays and deductibles.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
* ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
* EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Ability to work and build relationships collaboratively. Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
Required Work Experience: 1 year related experience.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Keyboard Entry 100.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 80.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication 60.00%
* Latex 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 100.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it's home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
* Cardiac Telemetry Unit
* Imaging Services
* Intensive Care
* Women's Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
* [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , Representative - Patient Financial Svcs - Staff Relief: MHM - Patient Financial Svcs, Other , Hollywood, Florida
here to apply!