Registered Dietitian (PRN)
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 17, 2022
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day.
Job Summary:The Registered Dietitian is responsible for the
planning and implementation of the nutrition care of the patients
in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local standards
and regulations, clinical guidelines, and policies and procedures.
The dietitian, in collaboration with the Culinary Services Manager,
ensures high quality nutrition care is provided to the patients
through oral, enteral, and parenteral nutrition therapy.
- Completes annual competency testing and maintains professional
growth and development portfolio to maintain registration and
- Performs job based on applicable federal, state, and local
regulations, company policies and procedures, and evidenced based
- Performs clinical duties within the defined scope of
- Serves on various committees as required by company standards,
regulations, and/or appointment by immediate supervisor.
- Participates in developing and implementing policies and
procedures related to nutrition care of the patient.
Direct Patient Care:
- Conducts initial and reassessments on all patients admitted to
- Ensure proper completion of documentation (assessments, care
plans, education, discharge planning).
- Prescribes nutrition therapy to meet estimated needs and
- Provides ongoing reassessment to ensure optimal nutrition
therapy is provided.
- Participates with interdisciplinary team meetings to develop,
implement, and monitor the nutrition care plan.
- Interviews patients, family members, legal representatives,
and/or significant others to obtain diet history, food preferences,
and other pertinent information needed to develop and/or update
plan of care.
- Advocates for patient to protect and promote patients' rights,
and accommodate individual needs and cultural/religious
- Involves the patient/family in planning objectives and goals
for the patient.
- Conducts nutrition education individually and in classes to
patients, families, staff, and community as appropriate.
- Conducts meal rounds to ensure patients are receiving therapy
that meets patients' need.
- Coordinates with culinary department to resolve patients'
concerns or dissatisfactions with diet or meal service.
Menu Management(if Culinary Services manager is not a Registered
Dietitian, then RD provides the following oversight):
- Provides oversight to the menu management process ensuring all
aspects of the menu flow process is completed per policies and
- Reviews and approves all patient menus in the facility; must
approve any substitutions provided to patients.
- Reviews and approves all nutritional data posted in the
- Provides oversight for the transcription of diet orders in the
department to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures all patient snack orders are checked against the diet
order and distributed to patients timely.
- Provides training to all staff as needed on therapeutic diets,
menu process, food allergens, or other related topics.
- Is proficient in the operation of the menu management
Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement:
- Participates in the hospital's performance improvement program
by conducting, aggregating, trending, and acting on data for key
- Annual QAPI department plan is developed with mandatory
- Participates in quality assurance activities that ensure oral
nutrition therapy is safe and accurate from the culinary
- Monthly reports are taken to hospital committee as per facility
- Participates in the survey process; instructs staff in matters
of conduct and disclosure; maintains a presence at all times while
surveyors are on-site and directs the timely collection of
information required by the survey team. Undertakes corrective
action while survey is in progress, if appropriate; works with
other hospital departments to develop survey plan of correction, as
- Communicates issues, concerns, and opportunities for
improvement to supervisor routinely.
- Fulfills job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and
procedures, the Corporate Compliance Program, applicable federal
and state laws, and applicable professional standards and codes of
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee
information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Consistently demonstrates guest relation's skills to patients,
physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with
whom they may come in contact.
- Works cooperatively as a team member with co-workers in all
departments of the hospital.
- Adheres to dress code and wears proper identification while on
duty; maintains neat and clean appearance.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements;
maintains professional growth and development.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies
regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Maintains current certification for position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets.
- Knowledge in current clinical nutrition guidelines.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and city food codes and
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft
Office and ability to learn menu management system.
- Understands principles of growth and development for the entire
life span with the ability to provide care appropriate for the
adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate to the
- Must read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: less than
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in dietetics or nutrition related
- Registration from the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensure and/or certification from the State Licensing Board
for Dietitians, if applicable
1. Two years experience in acute care hospital, preferred.
**Registered dietitians awaiting approval of state
licensure/certification may practice under a Provisional Licensure
if the state licensing board allows. Provisional dietitians must
have all documentation in a medical record co-signed by a state
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Hollywood , Registered Dietitian (PRN), Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!