Company: American Addiction Centers
Posted on: November 16, 2022
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career
and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then
keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture; we
listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Responsible for providing individual, group and family counseling.
Conduct clinical assessments for new patients and on-going required
assessments. Counselor II will demonstrate expertise in therapeutic
interventions, treatment modalities and utilize evidence based
practices. Counselor II will participate in Treatment team and
provide service coordination as needed for patients. Counselor II
will advocate and communicate with the UR department on all aspects
of patient care. American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that
all of our patients receive the most comprehensive care to address
the issues that may impede their recovery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide intervention, assessments, treatment planning, triage and
* Initiate and provide family counseling services.
* Provide clinical services to all patients on caseload and assist
when needed with other patients as assigned by clinical
* Participate in weekly treatment team meeting and program staff
* Ensure that all documentation necessary meet contract, licensure,
accreditation and standards for services in a timely manner
following the AAC's documentation policy guidelines.
* Communicate efficiently with other departments to ensure the best
care for patient.
* Provide clinical services to outpatient and inpatient adult
* Understand and abide by State Department standards, facility
accreditation, AAC's policy and procedures.
* Demonstate dependability and adaptability with patients and
* Maintains confidentiality of patient and company information.
* Abide by the standards of HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 guidelines.
* Assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a
* Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences Required (social work,
counseling or psychology).
* License eligible, actively working towards licensure and/or
certification in alcohol and drug abuse.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a behavioral healthcare
* Experience working with substance abuse, addictions, mental
health, cognitive behavior treatment and motivational
* Knowledge of utilizing electronic health record software and
* Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
* Counseling experience with adults, an understanding of
psychotropic medications and symptoms and effects.
* Ability to read, write and interpret written information, type
documentation, present information to groups and participate in
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible
* Valid driver license and insurable driving record (If driving a
company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company
business; refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles).
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Prolonged sitting at a desk
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
American Addiction Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
American Addiction Centers prohibits employment practices that
discriminate against individuals or groups of employees on the
basis of age, color disability, national origin, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status,
genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state
and/or federal law.
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Hollywood , Counselor II, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!