Company: SMS Holdings
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This role will provide a high level of visibility at the street
level to carry out a wide variety of tasks to improve the overall
appearance of the service district they are assigned to.
* MANUAL LITTER COLLECTION - circulate through assigned work zone
with a rolling can containing supplies and tools to take care of
the following tasks:
- Removing litter, fast food bags, cups, containers, cigarette
butts and other debris on sidewalks, street gutter, and alleys.
Trash removal and cleaning the sidewalks are mostly what
Ambassadors do. Anything that keeps your district from looking
clean and inviting has to go.
- Remove graffiti and posters from light posts, trash cans, news
boxes and other public infrastructure. We look high and low for
anything in eyesight that needs to be removed. You know those
stickers for bands and bars? Handbills that junk up the telephone
polls, well they got to go too.
- Pull isolated weeds. Weeds, weeds, weeds, they seem like they
sprout up overnight. We pull them all. Weed abatement is a big part
of this job. Those weeds grow around the tree wells, the cracks in
the sidewalks, the vacant lots, you name it. If there is a crack, a
weed can get in.
- Damp wipe and straighten horizontal surfaces, such as trash can
lids, news boxes and other infrastructure. This is vital. WE have
always cleaned and sanitized touchpoints. We clean everything that
* OBSERVE AND REPORT - while on patrol be watchful for unwanted
behaviors or criminal activity and report to Safety Ambassadors via
two-way radios. Must be able to articulate an accurate description
of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
* HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE - while on patrol will go out of
the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly
greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions,
information, city information or recommendations. We go out of our
way to engage with visitors and foot traffic. That means that we
will cross the street to say "hello." Our Ambassadors never meet a
* REPORTING - must be able to provide written reports of broken
infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic
daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed. We use Smart
Phones to document stats on what we clean. We need someone that can
work a cell phone.
* PROFESSIONALISM - must maintain a positive, professional
environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations,
policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of
expected professionalism. VERY important. You wear our uniform and
you represent our company the nationwide. We need people that will
respect that and remain professional in the public eye.
* Must have the physical capacity to walk or traverse continuously
during an eight-hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen
minutes, and one thirty-minute meal break). Must be able to work
outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather
* Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in
order to create basic reports.
Keywords: SMS Holdings, Hollywood , Cleaning Associate, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!