Program Support Aide II (PT)
Company: City of Miramar, FL
Posted on: September 21, 2022
INTERNAL APPLICANTS - THIS IS A PT POSITION (30/HRS PER WEEK)
JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting in the
planning and leading of programs and activities for seniors and the
community in the Senior Center and Community/Social Service
programs. Employee will work under the direction of the Senior
Center Site Supervisor or designee. Position Duties and
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS * Implements programs and
activities for seniors and the community, under the supervision of
a full-time employee.
* Assists senior center staff in tasks needed to institute
* Assists seniors in registering for daily programs.
* Responsible for teaching classes and operating programs.
* Responsible for reporting all safety hazards to the immediate
* Responsible for accurate completion of required paperwork.
* Responsible for providing services to seniors and the community
in reception area.
* Effectively communicate with the public, and assist with other
duties as required by the department.
* Performs set-up and breakdown of various rooms in the facility
for multiple uses.
* Cleans required areas of facilities, including trash removal and
other custodial activities.
* Responsible for the morning kitchen programs for seniors,
including making refreshments, maintaining inventory, and clean-up
* Assists in set-up and break-down of furniture for events.
* Moves furniture and equipment as requested.
* Will be required to work varied shifts, including days, evenings,
nights and weekends.
* Assist individuals with Activity of Daily Living as needed
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Assures security of building during
rental of facility.
* May run errands and pick-up supplies needed for activities.
* May be required to answer phones and perform clerical tasks.
* May assist in cleaning and detailing vehicles.
* Performs related work as required. Position
Requirements/Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK *
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* One (1) year of experience in facility and community/social
services programming, services and operations; or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* One (1) year of geriatric experience.
* First Aid and CPR certification.
* Possess a valid state driver's license.
* Employee will be subject to background screening, including Level
II. Preferred Qualifications: * Bi-lingual Emergency Management
Responsibilities: During emergency conditions, all City of Miramar
employees are automatically considered emergency service workers.
City of Miramar employees are subject to being called to work in
the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency
situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as
Keywords: City of Miramar, FL, Hollywood , Program Support Aide II (PT), Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!