Software Engineer -
Company: AutoNation Headquarters
Posted on: May 12, 2022
**Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.**
Overview: Position Summary:
Develops and implements software solutions to support the company's
need for improving application processes including reporting.
Coordinates solutions with a team of analysts and engineers to
create new applications, implement enhancements and fix defects in
existing applications to meet business requirements, adhere to
systemic standards and ongoing application support requirements.
Troubleshoots and resolves issues in supported applications.
Works as a member of the Technology organization. Reports to
Director of Application Development. Interacts daily with other
technology teams such as DBA, Dev Ops, QA, BA, PMO, business
customers, 3 rd party clients, etc.
Job Responsibilities :
- Participates in development, configuration, implementation, and
support of application systems with limited guidance.
- Builds specification documents including diagrams, project
scope, impact analysis and recommendation for implementation for
design, code and test.
- Defines technical specifications for solutions related to
design, coding and testing by other related teams. Analyzes and
evaluates courses of action and broad technical considerations that
may impact other systems.
- Reviews specification documents with Lead Software Engineer and
other members of the team.
- Provides estimation of work effort to Leads/Managers involved
in development and support of the solution with guidance.
- At times may assess development considerations such as impact
and feasibility of ongoing maintenance support for the new solution
improvements and enhancements.
- With Project Lead's guidance, designs, develops and unit test
applications of varying complexity that meet business requirements
while adhering to applicable coding standards and best
- Responsible for the coding and deployment of new versions,
problem fixes and enhancements of software by coordinating
production release activities.
- Provides instructions to Dev Operations and other supporting
teams to release new product changes.
- Identifies process and procedures issues and presents to
Project Leads to define and improve the development team's
- Finalizes solution with the Lead for resolution which can occur
at any point in the process lifecycle.
- Maintains and updates development status on assigned tasks in
tracking software throughout entire project lifecycle and
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision,
Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, management
information services or related field of study; or any equivalent
combination of relevant background, skills and experience to
include a minimum of 4 years programming experience in windows or
web development environments.
- 4+ years of solid experience/technical expertise in ASP.Net,
C#, VB.NET, Object oriented programming, SQL, T-SQL, Visual Studio,
Administration, SSRS, SSIS, Web and/or Windows development, Micro
services, Web services and Api's.
- Previous experience developing web application development
sufficient to support thousands of users running multiple web
browser platforms. Experience with SQL and database management
systems which includes performance optimization.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of SQL concepts and
- Ability to understand how assigned programs link with other
programs and the overall system. Ability to function as a
professional team member contributing to a positive and productive
- Sound problem solving, coding and debugging skills sufficient
to quickly identify and analyze a problem, propose viable solutions
and articulate why a solution is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to document and
present ideas and solutions successfully to business sponsors,
peers, management and leads. Ability to articulate ideas and
- Good listening and organizational skills to gather requirements
and assess impact. Good critical thinking skills to understand
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, team
environment with ability to guide other members of the team.
- Strong initiative, commitment, and a positive "whatever it
- Must meet company's requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintained an
acceptable, safe driving record. Next Possible Position: Senior
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job
related tasks other than those specifically presented.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: AutoNation Headquarters, Hollywood , Software Engineer -, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!