Employee Benefits Specialist
Company: Synergy Business Consulting, Inc.
Posted on: May 4, 2022
- Hybrid Schedule
- Seven (7) years of proven progressive experience administering
benefits for a large employer or equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience and five (5) years of file
- Experience with HRIS and Benefit Administration
platforms.Strategic, influential, and hands-on work experience
- Excel Skills a must
- ACA Reporting experience, plan funding knowledge
- Corporate support service model experience with 10k or more
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience/Knowable with plan migrations, system
implementation, and acquisition
- Project management & analytical thinking skills
- Experience with wellness programs, communication and
- Analyze market trends and other data to investigate new
programs and make recommendations on health and welfare strategic
position for the company.
- Project manage initiatives requiring strategic change
management and communication planning in collaboration with the
- Project manage annual compliance activities such as ACA
reporting, 401(k) nondiscrimination testing, 401(k) audit and open
enrollment in collaboration with the Benefits Manager.
- Conduct HR and associate surveys, gather requirements, form
focus groups and present findings and recommendations to leadership
in an organized manner to drive new initiatives and process
- Interact with beneficiaries to facilitate and file
- Oversee the exception request process from employees or HR;
provide support and leadership to front line team members.
- Handles QMCSO, QDRO, Medicare and Medicaid transactions,
including communication with employees and government agencies or
- Conducts regular data audits and payroll (pre and post payroll)
audits to ensure proper eligibility maintenance and payroll
collections and identifies gaps or challenges in file interface
- Provides administrative and troubleshooting support and follows
through on projects initiated by the Benefits Manager.
- Manages new client on-boarding activities and client contract
- Maintains contact in person, and by phone or email, with
insurance companies, recordkeepers, employees, and beneficiaries to
facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience
- proven progressive experience administering benefits for a
large employer or equivalent combination of education,
- Experience with HRIS and Benefit Administration platforms.
- Strategic, influential, and hands-on work experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the following employee
benefits: life, AD&D, disability, medical, dental, vision, HSA,
FSA, accident, hospital, critical illness, prepaid legal, identity
theft, 401(k), nonqualified retirement plans, group umbrella.
- Requires a thorough understanding of payroll processes, the
payroll cycle and file interfaces amongst vendors as well as system
of record significance.
- Requires a thorough understanding of ACA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA,
- Must possess an understanding of pertinent federal and state
regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee
benefit programs, including (but not limited to) ACA, COBRA, ERISA,
HIPAA, IRS -125, 5500, and IRS/DOL requirements.
- Detail-oriented with strong customer service skills.
- Skilled in written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with all
levels of employees.
- Competency in multiple software programs and self-sufficient
with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to perform and make decisions independent of
- A strong team player with the ability to enforce the Company's
policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift 10-15 lbs.
Keywords: Synergy Business Consulting, Inc., Hollywood , Employee Benefits Specialist, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!