Membership Engagement Representative
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The YMCA of South Florida is currently hiring a Membership
Engagement Representative for our Greater Hollywood YMCA Family
Center. The Member Engagement Representative is the face of the
YMCA and is responsible for leading by example and providing
service excellence as outlined by the Association Membership
Service Standards. This individual is responsible for ensuring that
front desk procedures are followed, assisting with program
registrations, membership sales, and supporting with general office
duties as well as assisting the center in achieving and exceeding
monthly sales and retention goals.
- Works closely with and follows the direction of the District
Membership Sales Director to ensure standard delivery of the
Association Membership Agenda.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or on the
telephone; answering or referring inquiries; addressing and
resolving customer concerns.
- Assists members with check-in procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of member
- Provides members and nonmembers with information pertaining to
facility functions and history of the YMCA.
- Promotes membership engagement through interactions with
existing and potential members.
- Implementation of Membership engagement strategies and
- Works closely with and supports sales including but not limited
- Creating and distributing Welcome Packets.
- Assisting with insufficient funds, cancellations and
- Converting participants and other nonmembers into
- Assisting in achieving and exceeding monthly sales and
- Contribute and implement innovative ideas to improve membership
- Assisting with marketing and updating Social Media
- Maintain a professional safe and clean environment in member
- Monitor individual cash handling transactions to ensure all
procedures are followed according to the standard operations of the
YMCA of South Florida.
- Participate in Annual Community Campaign and events.
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, and best practices
as outlined by the YMCA of South Florida or directed by
- Outgoing personality enjoys interacting with people.
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- High level of patience.
- Has the ability and creativity to navigate difficult
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service or sales
- Ability to address difficult member situations / conflicts in a
professional and courteous manner and exudes excellent
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines in a fast pace
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segmentsof the community.
- Must demonstrate a strong desire to serve others and give back
to our community.
- A professional, goal driven, self-motivated leader with a
- Ability to problem solve.
- Accepts and demonstrates YMCA core values; honesty, respect,
caring, and responsibility.
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent customer service skills, be
punctual and reliable in attendance.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business
software i.e. Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish language preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
CPR/First Aid and AED certified within 90 days of employment.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and
satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background
screening and drug test.
As a Drug Free Workplace, all new hires must successfully complete
a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice. Failure to complete the
drug test within this timeframe will automatically disqualify you
from employment. Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt
you from successfully passing your drug test.
The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of Equal
Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace because of
race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
political affiliation, age, or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Hollywood , Membership Engagement Representative, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!