Posted on: July 18, 2021
US1490 North Star Seafood, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This position is responsible for general custodial care of
the facility and sanitation activities of the warehouse under
general supervision. Performs all duties safely, accurately, and
meets all set productivity goals
- Perform all custodial duties throughout the entire
facility which includes dusting, sweeping, washing, wiping,
scrubbing, shoveling, and mopping. Often required to climb ladders
to perform these duties.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in the facility to include
collection and disposal of all warehouse and facility trash or
debris daily and clean up all spills.
- Clean cooler and cooler floor sweeps and mops coolers,
dry warehouse, all aisles, and the equipment mezzanine including
- Scrub floors in aisle areas of the dry warehouse, cooler
areas, and docks.
- Preserve floor care using power equipment in assigned
- Maintain parking lots and front sidewalks every week or
as needed to maintain appearance.
- Remove trash or other property damaging
elements (i.e., nails and glass).
- Complete daily sanitation log to provide documentation
for the planning and evaluation of sanitation
- Perform tasks supporting the stretch wrap and cardboard
recycling program including transportation of materials to the
balers, bailing, and tying of the materials, and placing tied bales
onto pallets for shipment.
- Dust and vacuum warehouse racks.
- Remove any cobwebs from the warehouse area on an ongoing
basis to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Clean any/all restrooms when needed to maintain sanitary
conditions. This includes the cleaning of urinals, toilets, sinks,
counters and countertops, mirrors, sweeping and mopping of floors,
and restocking paper dispensers.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize
warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned
work areas and travel aisles.
- Maintain the accuracy of warehouse product locations when
performing slot cleaning.
- Report to the supervisor immediately any unfixable/unsafe
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to reduce accidents
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment such as
forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner to reduce
accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that material handling equipment is maintained
(inspected daily) and clean, report repair or service needs to
supervisor to reduce equipment damage.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company
policies (i.e., attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics,
Associate Handbook, etc.)
- Complies with all applicable State/Federal laws,
regulations, and policies (i.e., OSHA, HACCP, AIB,
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
preferred, or equivalent combination of education and
- 1-year warehouse related experience and/or training.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision and have
strong attention to details.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Read and write simple correspondence.
- Speak effectively with co-workers and in small group
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form, and the ability to deal with standardized situations with
The working conditions and physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human
Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Usually required to stand and walk, reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, talk and hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally
lift and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or
move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- This is a full-time position.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying
schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays
or weekends, and some holidays.
- Work hours may vary, or change based on departmental
- The job is primarily performed in a warehouse
- Regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling
equipment or other mechanical equipment.
- Frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
high, precarious places, vehicle emissions, toxic or caustic
chemicals, outside weather conditions, and high voltage electrical
equipment and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is
Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be
eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective
on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines
apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare
benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick
leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view
additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation,
its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Hollywood , Sanitation Worker, Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!