Senior Clinical Nurse Educator-OR, FT-Days, MRH: Operating Room
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Develops and provides services related to the orientation,
continuing education and assessment of clinical staff. The role of
Senior Clinical Nurse Educator serves all aspects of nursing in the
clinical setting: Educator, Consultant, Researcher, Facilitator,
Change Agent, Leader.
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic
- Synthesizes evaluation data to guide decision-making about
- Leads committee, work groups/and/or projects related to the
implementation of educational activities.
- Conducts and/or contributes to nursing research.
- Disseminates research, evidence-based practice, and quality
improvement findings through activities such as presentations,
publications, and consultation.
- Serves as consultant/mentor/change agent to staff, clinical
leaders, and others as appropriate.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various
audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- EFFECTIVE PRESENTATIONS: Develops and delivers presentations
using effective facilitation techniques and audio visual
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Facilitates the orientation, education,
and competency process for assigned employees.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
- CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical
standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to take a
patient load as needed.
Required Work Experience: Five (5) years nursing experience, two
(2) years facilitating learning/professional development.
Specialty certification preferred.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry 80.00%
- Kneeling 60.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Squatting 60.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Distinguish Color 80.00%
- Seeing - Far 80.00%
- Seeing - Near 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
- Hazardous Medication 60.00%
- Computer Monitor 80.00%
- Domestic Animals 40.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 80.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in
1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and
compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with
553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare
System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and
most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and
technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of
whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial
Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence
Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for
three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health
Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals,
and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement
Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , Senior Clinical Nurse Educator-OR, FT-Days, MRH: Operating Room, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!