Supply Chain Inventory Associate, Full Time- Days, MRH: Cardiac Catheterization
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for functions associated with inventory control and
distribution, maximizing quality, minimizing costs supporting goals
within system supply chain objectives. This role will ensure the
highest level of customer service, timely delivery and proper
handling of medical/surgical supplies, medical equipment, emergency
supplies and code carts, in accordance with professional and
regulatory standards. Accountable for timely reconciliation of
patient charges and credits.
- Accurately receives, picks, packs and stocks inventory
materials and supplies to include preparation of procedural trays
and carts to designated areas within the facility. Validates the
process of perpetual inventory items, issues and credits materials
from the inventory management system.
- Supports the overall workflow of supply chain inventory and
distribution, by analyzing and troubleshooting automation process,
Lawson, and handheld devices for functionality and accuracy.
- Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory while supporting
accurate and established inventory levels. Generates
orders/requisitions as needed. Identifies excess inventory and
processes returns, when needed, for credit. Reviews and recommends
inventory par level adjustments for management approval.
- Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care
areas, while monitoring specific products to assure appropriate
levels in order not to affect patient care.
- Maintains the integrity, labeling, stocking, and outdating of
specialty carts and Pyxis supply cabinets.
- Collects, decontaminates, and processes durable medical
equipment for circulation throughout the facility. Assures timely
availability of safe patient care equipment.
- Performs scheduled quality assurance checks on various hospital
- Conducts physical inspections and performs all duties related
to par-stock maintenance utilizing computer systems and software.
Develops knowledge of medical supplies stocked within the
department to include usage in treatment of patients. Acts as a
liaison between clinical staff and Supply Chain Management
- Maintains the proper and appropriate professional and ethical
relationships with external and internal customers. Provides the
highest level of customer service.
- Participates in regular inventory for assigned areas.
- Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required
service levels within the Central Services department.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes
and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various
audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Leads project teams and implements project
plans in accordance with established goals and measures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
Required Work Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of Supply
Chain related experience. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Must be proficient in supply automation process and familiar with
Infection Control practices associated with durable medical
- Bending and Stooping 80.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Reaching 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 40.00%
- Squatting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Distinguish Color 80.00%
- Seeing - Far 80.00%
- Seeing - Near 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
- Dust 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
- Hazardous Medication 60.00%
- Latex 60.00%
- Computer Monitor 80.00%
- Extreme Heat/Cold 80.00%
- Fire Risk 60.00%
- Heating Devices 80.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 80.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in
1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and
compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with
553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare
System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and
most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and
technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of
whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial
Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence
Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for
three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health
Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals,
and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement
Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , Supply Chain Inventory Associate, Full Time- Days, MRH: Cardiac Catheterization, Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!