The Cloud Pre-Sales Architect is
responsible for driving next-generation service adoption. This
position will play an integral role within our Pre-Sales
organization and provide ongoing support to our customer base and
new customers with technical advice on why to invest in CES's Cloud
and Managed Services Portfolio. The position requires a Sales
Engineering Architect with strong communication skills, experience
in Public Cloud Computing, and a passion for helping clients solve
problems, willing to lead the pre-and post-sales Cloud and Managed
Services engineering design focused on VMware, Azure, AWS, and
Google Cloud Platform.
This individual will work with a high-performance sales team
• Support the sales teams to align client business and technical
needs to Cloud and Managed based solutions.
• Specify service projects' deliverables by developing detailed
project scopes of work (SOWs) by scoping, defining, and
commercializing value propositions.
• Present complex ideas and solutions to various audiences.
• Liaison between Sales and Engineering in the pre-sales
• Stay current on industry trends and best practices, specifically
VMware, Azure, AWS, and GCP.
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
• The Cloud Architect position will focus on creating, refining,
and launching Managed Services offerings built around cloud
technologies. Claro has partnerships with all major cloud providers
and is continuing to build out offerings that align with cloud
management services based on our customer's requirements.
• Experienced in capturing and deciphering requirements from
informal conversations and formal documents to map RFPs
requirements to Services, Solutions, and Offerings.
• Analyze detailed client business process, software, application,
ITO, and infrastructure requirements.
• Develop the proposals - writing/technical responses - for
Cloud/Managed IT Services opportunities. Serve as the technical
point of contact on customer pre-sales engagements.
• Work with executive-level stakeholders/clients to understand
issues in the technology space and provide Strategic Communications
Cloud and Managed Service Solutions to address these issues through
a professional service engagement.
• Develop the technical architecture and design of cloud and hybrid
• Work across technology boundaries (networking, compute, security,
storage, analytics) to develop cloud architecture to meet the
strategic needs of our customers
• Maintain an understanding of advancing cloud capabilities, IT &
business needs, identifying and proposing cost and functional
efficiency options for collaborative decisions and action
• Use best practices for deploying, configuring, and managing cloud
solutions on VMware, migration from private to public cloud
environments, and maintaining hybrid environments when needed.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert to the organization for
end-to-end cloud architecture. Evaluate architectural alternatives
for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS,
and other cloud services.
• Collaborate with members of sales teams on solution features,
architectural issues, implementation considerations, cost elements,
and effort estimates.
• Provides technical input into bid proposals, projects, and
technical documents within the sales process and identifies
additional sales opportunities with existing customers
• Collaborates with sales teams to develop and recommend products
and services to meet customers' requirements
• Maintains up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the
organization's and competitors' products and services
• May guide the proposed technical solutions through the Claro Deal
Review Board for approval
• Support architectural and solution reviews.
• Support strategic planning activities and business case
development for client engagements.
• May architect a solution using appropriate portfolio offerings
with design elements that allow integration into the client
• May support the development of cost elements and resource
estimates as well as solution models.
• May refine and optimize architectural models.
• Adhere to appropriate Claro processes, architectural artifact
requirements, and the Claro End-to-End Service Model.
• May design and implementation of proof of concept solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise
Qualifications, Education, and/or
• Hands-on experience in technical pre-sales technical
understanding of Cloud technologies across multiple Cloud Service
Providers (CSPs), including VMware, Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
• Have a clear understanding of modern approaches to cloud
infrastructure, software development, and legacy systems
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills, especially
with senior-level stakeholders.
• Certifications from AWS/Azure/VMWare, related to Cloud
Architecture, Networking, Managed Services, and Security.
• Be proficient in assessing options (e.g., risk, performance,
cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive
visualizations based upon assessment outputs.
• Must be able to read and comprehend technical reports
• 8-10+ years' experience in designing, executing, and supporting
Cloud solutions and Managed Services
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Deep understanding of the Data Center technologies such as
Compute, Storage, Networking, Virtualization.
• Working knowledge of the VMWare management suite is a big
• Minimum 8+ years as Primary Client contact with demonstrated
experience in building effective Senior Level Client relationships
• Proven track record with Complex delivery history (required).
• Demonstrated Track record and success selling Mid-size and Large
Enterprise and Global Clients that require lengthy Sales Campaigns
in a fast-paced Consultative and Competitive Market (required).
Language Skills: Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
Mathematical Skills: Must possess excellent mathematical
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense and understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations. Proven history of using good
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Decision Making - Able to reach decisions, takes thoughtful
approach when considering options, seeks input from others, makes
Delegation - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task
responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's
and individuals' effectiveness.
Meeting Leadership - Ensuring that a meeting serves its business
objectives while using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods
and considering the needs and potential contributions of
Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to
reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a
satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge
in position-related areas, keeping up with current developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
significant changes in work tasks or the work environment;
adjusting effectively to work within new work structures,
processes, requirements, or cultures.
Business Acumen - Understand the core functions of the business and
industry. The competency includes the Strategic perspective of the
company: Employees can understand the critical interdependencies
across business functions and analyze the long-term and short-term
consequences of decisions.
Valuing Diversity - Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities,
insights, and ideas of all individuals; working effectively with
individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation.