Maintenance Director (Environmental Services Director)
Company: Presidential Place
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Presidential Place is a part of the Solvere Living Family, as a
certified Great Place to Work employer for 3 years in a row, we are
excited to continue serving the Hollywood, FL market. We are
located just minutes from the beach and Hollywood's central
business district. If you enjoy a clean and friendly working
environment where the company values are about building
relationships through integrity, transparency, loyalty, and
entrepreneurship, we would love to talk with you! Apply today!
Solvere Living proudly offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Group Purchasing and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is key
to all team members being valued, trusted and accepted. Our vision
"Inspiring people to realize their full potential" drives our
beliefs and the Declaration provides a common framework to value,
encourage and support team members.
Please see our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Declaration by
clicking on the link below:
Our Declaration for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are currently hiring an excellent Maintenance Director! We
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Life and Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401 (K) Retirement Benefits
The Environmental Services Director is responsible for planning,
organizing, developing, and directing the general operational
maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of the Community's physical
plant to maintain proper overall operations. He/she oversees the
general maintenance and housekeeping operations to ensure that the
Community and residence units are maintained in a safe, clean, and
comfortable manner. The Environmental Services Director is also
responsible for communication and coordination with the
Environmental Services Associates and schedules the necessary tasks
to accomplish repairs and alterations to buildings and equipment
systems. He/she assumes responsibility for the overall cleanliness,
sanitation, safety, and organization of the physical plant of the
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a
supervisory capacity in a maintenance plant-related position in the
building industry and/or in housekeeping, responsible to handle the
upkeep, repair, and maintenance of electrical, plumbing and
structural matters, including HVAC systems.
- Must be knowledgeable as to maintenance and housekeeping
policies and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and
guidelines governing maintenance functions in the Community.
- Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and
responsibilities through the utilization of sound judgment and the
reporting of unusual problems/conditions to the General
- Must possess a valid Driver's License, preferably a Commercial
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal
- Results oriented.
- Customer service orientation.
- A proven team player.
- Performs general maintenance work (light, electrical, painting,
- Is aware and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and
regulations regarding assisted living/memory care, including the
state's fire safety code; ensures and maintains regulatory
compliance with all such regulations.
- Understands HVAC and can operate and maintain equipment.
- Replenishes and maintains supply levels in work areas.
- Assures all tools, work areas, and equipment are clean, in
proper working order, and properly stored.
- Assures that the Community environment and all equipment are
properly maintained for Resident comfort and convenience.
- Consistently and routinely maintains and repairs equipment and
documents any hazardous conditions.
- Routinely sees that light bulbs, exit lights, room call lights,
etc., are replaced where needed.
- Conducts daily inspections of buildings, grounds, and equipment
to determine necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains drawings and plans on file for the Community.
- Maintains a file of manufacturer instructions and warranty
information on all equipment.
- Supervises safety and fire protection and prevention programs
by inspecting work areas and equipment at least weekly.
- Directs Associates and Residents in the event of a fire or
- Assures that personnel follow established safety practices
(OSHA) and maintains the organization of the physical plant of the
- Responsible for maintaining the general appearance of the
building including, but not limited to, supervising, assisting and
cleaning up after events, general cleanup during scheduled shift,
and arranging furniture on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains a Preventive Maintenance Log for all mechanical
systems that includes a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Oversees and supervises landscaping and can arrange removal
contractors to ensure quality work.
- Establishes and maintains an effective work-order system.
- Keeps track of monthly budget (supplies and purchased
- Monitors and minimizes overtime usage.
- Participates in in-service training as required by state
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent Resident care
- Responsible for weekly submission of invoices and spend-down
report on Excel spreadsheet.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May have their picture taken and image used in social media or
- May be video recorded from devices installed by families in
Keywords: Presidential Place, Hollywood , Maintenance Director (Environmental Services Director), Other , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!