Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain College of Nursing is committed to providing quality
and accessible nursing education. Most nursing schools incorporate
tools for building nurse-patient relationships into their
curricula, but Chamberlain has gone a step further and made care of
students a part of the educational culture. Chamberlain believes
that extraordinary care of nursing students is more likely to lead
to extraordinary patient and family care.
If you share in this belief and model behaviors of care, respect
and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration,
cooperation and respect among all, the position of Associate Dean
of Nursing Faculty might be right for you. Reporting to the Dean of
Academic Affairs, the Associate Dean provides leadership for all
campus level faculty to ensure curricula are current and
consistently delivered in an environment and manner that achieves
superior student outcomes while ensuring the concept of Chamberlain
- Participate in faculty recruitment and selection, as well as
conduct onboarding, evaluation and supervision of qualified faculty
for the nursing program.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to faculty and students in
areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration,
communication and professionalism.
- Participate in the undergraduate curriculum committee to ensure
continuity of program outcomes.
- Solicit recommendations from faculty for academic budget.
- Assist faculty and the clinical coordination office for
clinical placement of nursing students to meet program
- Ensure regular meetings of the faculty to facilitate
communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing
and evaluating the curriculum.
- Administer the implementation and assessment of nursing program
curricula on the campus and assign faculty workloads.
- Communicate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate
goals and projects are implemented.
- Monitor student success, including student retention,
graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates.
- Audit student satisfaction and work collaboratively with the
Center for Academic Success to ensure superior student
- Teach up to three courses per year.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Critical features of this job are described under Essential
Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to
change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum
requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills
required to competently perform in this role. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in nursing required, Doctorate degree in
nursing or credit towards Doctorate degree preferred.
- Unencumbered professional nursing licensure.
- Minimum two years' experience in nursing education at the
Bachelor level or above.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution
skills with the ability to interact with all levels: student,
faculty and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise faculty.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we
welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to
educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who
advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations.
We're 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed
with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in
today's complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care,
we've built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and
we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform
the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College
of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of
Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs
and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of
Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of
Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers
online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health
Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn
more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global
Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages
everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us,
diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We
don't just welcome differences, we celebrate them.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion,
click here to visit our Diversity page.