The Assistant Director of Human Resources
is responsible for assisting the Director Human Resources with the
staffing of qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute
compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage benefit worker's
compensation unemployment; training program direction
implementation and administration; and employee relations, labor
relations, leadership development and training, coaching counseling
and discipline. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of
each workday as is necessary to complete their job
Exempt managers must customarily and
regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their
equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Must have at least 6 years of progressive Human Resources
- Must have large convention hotel experience.
- A 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related
experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of
- Experience with Labor Unions.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol awareness CPR and First
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and
courteous to all guests managers and fellow Associates.
- Assist with providing direction to the Human Resources
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of Human Resources
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human
Resources/Associate regulations and laws and ensure that the
property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO Unemployment Wage & Hour Worker's
Compensation OSHA ADA Immigration and Naturalization Service
hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee
- Communicate new policies information and directives to all
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment screening and reference
checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit interview and recommend all exempt personnel
- Help to maintain Associate benefits programs union relations
dues and welfare pension funds.
- Help to set up approve and maintain all wage and salary
programs including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all Associate transitions i.e. new
hire transfer promotion etc. Assist in creating a positive
team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through
Associate development and motivation.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with
Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of committees.
- Practice positive Associate relations including coaching
counseling & discipline.
- Help to develop and maintain "no cost" benefit
- Monitor training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching counseling and discipline to
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all
- Condense and expedite paperwork develop internal communications
improve record keeping.
- Help to develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files
- Help to develop and monitor recruitment resources.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
This Florida beachfront resort offers 2 outdoor pools, full-service
spa, and 8 on-site restaurants and eateries. The Hollywood Beach
Boardwalk, which offers numerous restaurants and shops, is 1 miles
A flat-screen cable TV, small refrigerator, and desk with ergonomic
chair are included in all rooms at The Diplomat Beach Resort
Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton. Select rooms feature a
A marina, supervised children’s activities club, and business
center are available at the resort.
As the global leader in third-party hotel
management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in
49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands
to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our
associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests
and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where
everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility
with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan