Specl 2, Construction-Davie, FL
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of
Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new
construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are
completed in accordance with established standards. Administers
some aspects of construction activities, including materials,
labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and
projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline.
Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance
in own area of knowledge.
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction
duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles,
transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and
safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards
to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs,
and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits
to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in
regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and
inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects,
materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Performs on the field ride-out/walk-out of project sites for
the purpose of surveying, gathering and recording details, finding
solutions, monitoring progress, performing post-construction
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including
pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license
applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material
procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant
- Oversees the activity of subcontractors.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and
representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies,
consultants and internal business partners.
- Provides technical advice and engineering support to other
departments including Procurement, Warehouse, Legal, Government
Relations, and Design Center functions.
- Develops cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs,
evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress
- -Knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Hollywood , Specl 2, Construction-Davie, FL, Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!