Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Pep Boys is driven by its promise to its customers, "We go
further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military
veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys
ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national
network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and
27distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people.
More than seven million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each
year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on
is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and
support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to
close America's skills gap. For more information, visit
Position SummaryThe Master Technician requires experience and
technical expertise to diagnose drivability, air conditioning and
electrical systems. It is expected to use leadership and mentoring
skills to drive a team to increase customer care and satisfaction A
successful Master Technician will have direct interaction with
customers and deliver superior service through educating the
customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic,
exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical,
suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician A,
Technician B, Mechanic, General Service Technician)
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to
non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and
customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in
formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as
- Maintain and organized and neat shop
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety, and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position is a leader in the shop. We expect you to help set
the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you.
Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are
looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review
the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis,
problem-solving and repair experience.
- 8 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position
(A1 through A8)
- Section 609 Certification required
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Hollywood , Master Technician, Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!