Teller - Floater
Company: Tropical Financial Credit Union
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Title: Teller - Floater
Department: Member Relations
to: Regional Market Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a high visibility/high member
contact position. Responsibilities include processing and posting
members financial transactions, providing account information and
cross-selling services and products to meet the member needs,
performing clerical and / or administrative duties and provide back
up support to other staff within the branch as needed. This
position will be assigned to work as needed in different geographic
zones within the TFCU Fields of Membership (FOM), which includes
the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a
courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Process member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals,
and loan payments; sells cashiers checks, travelers checks to
members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed while
ensuring compliance to Federal laws, State law and Credit Union
policies and procedures.
- Posts transactions to member accounts and maintains member
- Balance cash drawers daily and periodically.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and report discrepancies to
the supervisor. Assist in balancing the ATM and other cash
- Review credit union products and services based on member needs
which are obtained by reviewing the members profile.
- Actively cross-sell products and services in order to enhance
the Member experience.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all
credit union products and services, State and Federal regulations
that are applicable to the transactions performed in the
cashier/teller area and cross-sell opportunities.
- Achieve personal referral and sales goals by proactively
identifying referral opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of
sales and profiling skills. Actively participate in Branch Sales
Promotions and campaigns.
- Provide members with general and/or specific information
related to credit union products or services.
- Alert branch management or Security of any suspicious activity
regarding transactions including forgery, theft, fraud, kiting,
- Complete Currency Transaction Report's (CTR) and Suspicious
Activity Reports (SAR) and other regulatory compliance
documentation as required.
- Ensures that work area and equipment is clean, secure and well
maintained in accordance with Credit Union policies and
- Maintain knowledge with training.
- BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the
credit unions compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money
laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU
will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious
activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA
and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made
available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act,
Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair
Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with such regulations.
- Performs other duties as required with or without
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- An individual in this position is required to interact
regularly with all credit union members, shared services members,
employees and external insurance vendors; therefore outstanding
interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret
documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports
- Ability to speak effectively with
members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple
and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
- Ability to apply good business sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at
- Ability display initiative and flexibility
- a willingness to adhere to organizational policies and
- Participate in team work, as well as, the willingness and
ability to learn new tasks and duties within a changing
- High School Diploma or general education equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of banking/credit union experience in
- Strong Knowledge of Credit Union product offerings as well as
all services provided.
- Proficient with written and oral communication skills.
- Written skills to include email etiquette.
ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
Travel: Up to
ability, hearing, sitting at desk, standing at teller counter
verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
fax, telephone, copier
Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Tropical Financial Credit Union, Hollywood , Teller - Floater, Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!