Fire Life Safety Sales Manager
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you will do
The Johnson Controls Service Sales Manager is the leader of the
sales team based out of our Miami office. Responsible for bookings
growth, expanding relationships and wallet share with our existing
customers, growing new business and growing and maintaining service
bookings and revenues to achieve organizational objectives. This
position will play an integral part in building upon, and expanding
legacy customer relationships, expanding wallet share within
assigned accounts. Additionally, this role is responsible for
expanding into new "services" space that falls below the Solutions
position within the assigned district or branch territory.
How you will do it
- Model and champion Johnson Controls values. Create a safe
environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related
issues and concerns. Responsible for sales plan achievement of
assigned geographic Area within Johnson Controls for all Service
sales activities for the fire alarm, security, fire sprinkler and
fire suppression businesses.Manage the day-to-day activities of the
district or branch Service sales team ensuring we meet or exceed
customer, employee and sales goal expectations.
- Partner with Area Sales and General Managers to develop sales
strategies, negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategy to
develop new business and maintain existing business.
Review and monitor sales performance, and refine sales
strategies as required to ensure employee successfully meets
assigned goals and objectives. Reallocate resources to improve
overall results as needed.
- Contribute to the development of marketing, customer retention,
advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for the district
- Ensure the sales force receives coaching and training on the
technical aspects of the organization's products and services; on
marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques,
procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales
- Build, hire, develop and align a high-performing team
- Focus on high level customer (internal and external) networking
and drive growth through collaboration and customer success.
- Grow and retain the recurring revenue base and associated
service revenue by directly coaching/mentoring/training the Service
Sales & Customer Care sales teams.
- Work as a team with other area and nationally based service and
solutions sales leaders to leverage best practices and achieve
- Act as a direct line of support for the Area General and Area
Sales Managers for all service high volume related sales activities
- Develop business plans for the territory including business
development strategies, sales staffing, sales market assignments,
strategic customer development and industry relations
- Meet with key clients to assist sales representatives with
building and enhancing relationships, negotiating and closing
deals. Leverage this time for ride along coaching and
- Ensure that the corporate sales philosophy is executed in
securing quality business approved contractual terms, and
profitable pricing practices.
- Responsible for administering, communicating and complying with
all company policies and procedures, whether formally or informally
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, including 3 years of field
sales management experience in a business to business environment,
or successful management of another sales channel.
- Demonstrated skills, ability and comfort managing a high
volume/transaction sales team.
- Comfortable leading and working in teams, experienced at
project management and successful selling at all customer
- Able to create and develop solutions to customer needs while
- Committed to developing and organizing a multi-talented
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication and team building skills with a strong
understanding of inter-departmental relations.
- Proven time management skills, prioritization and delivery
- Experience in managing a team through a transition or
significant organizational change
- BA degree or marketing
- Five or more years of experience in the Fire Safety
- Five or more years in a leadership role
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Hollywood , Fire Life Safety Sales Manager, Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!