Junior Clinical Teaching Fellow - Medical Education Readiness Program (MERP)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Opportunity at a Glance
The Medical Education Readiness Program (MERP) is a medical school
preparatory program operated by Adtalem Global Education, Inc., one
of the world's largest providers of educational services. Admission
to MERP allows students to be conditionally accepted to either Ross
University School of Medicine (RUSM) or American University of the
Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) and based on their performance
in the program, gain admission to their respective medical school.
MERP's academic year is divided into 3 semesters with a new class
of students admitted each semester.
For this position, MERP offers teaching responsibilities and
mentoring opportunities for doctors in transition between medical
school and residency as part of building their medical educational
portfolio. Candidates must be able to assist faculty and staff in
all areas of MERP instruction and other activities as assigned.
These areas include, but are not limited to, test question design,
proctoring exams, assisting student learning, providing guidance on
test taking skills, conducting academic success sessions, providing
teaching assistance in the lab, delivering PowerPoint
presentations, participating in the grading process, conducting
weekly reviews of subjects assigned, and other activities as
*Application deadline - April 26*
- Candidates are expected to attend all subject lectures as
- Must be available Monday through Friday, and occasional
weekends and evenings for MERP related events.
- Candidates are required to attend various required MERP
activities as assigned with the expectation of being able to
conduct small group review sessions.
- Candidates are expected to use clinical knowledge to assist
with the development of clinical case activities.
- Candidates will serve as mentors and educators to a cohort of
students, maintaining close communication with each student, and
- ONLY recent AUC/RUSM graduates are eligible
- Must have successfully completed the basic sciences.
- Must have a 3.0 in basic sciences.
- A graduate of MERP is preferred but not mandatory.
- Satisfactory or better grades in all activities undertaken as
RUSM or AUC student, including satisfactory or better performance
on NBME qualifying exams.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong teaching skills and experience is preferred but not
- Desire for self-improvement and strong work ethic
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team.
- Please include the following with your application:
- Student ID #
- Current Phone Number
- List of other Junior Faculty positions to which you have
- Current location or residence
- GPA, step scores, and a written description of any academic or
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome
everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to
achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions
to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE;
member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education
provider and the parent organization of American University of the
Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education,
Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of
Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For
more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Keywords: Adtalem, Hollywood , Junior Clinical Teaching Fellow - Medical Education Readiness Program (MERP), Other , miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!