Product Owner, Global ECommerce in Miami, FL at Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
Company: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Product Owner, Global ECommerce in Miami, FL at Celebrity
Cruises, Inc. Celebrity Cruises exists because we believe in
opening up the world. We know that travel makes us better-every one
of us. We're here to help vacationers understand the value of
travel. Our cruises encourage people to sail beyond their own
borders and expand their horizons. Our iconic "X" is the mark of
modern luxury, the mark of contemporary spaces that are at once
coolly sophisticated and warmly inviting. Where the culinary
experience is influenced by global cuisines and designed by our
Michelin-starred chef. Where our staff provides seamless and
intuitive service that's both personal and unobtrusive. Where
everything is designed to provide unparalleled luxury cruise
vacations for travelers of every age. Our thirteen award-winning
ships offer unique experiences in more than 300 destinations on all
We're Celebrity Cruises, and the world is open.
Job Description Journey with us!--Combine your career goals and
sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal
Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive
compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development
opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.--
Position Summary:-- As the Product Owner, Global Ecommerce, the
successful candidate will operate right at the intersection of
Business Strategy, Technology and User Experience. S/he will lead
the strategic hyper-growth and continuous development of the
eCommerce channel, and will be singularly focused on delivering a
best in class, frictionless online experience that drives increased
channel revenue. The Product Owner, Global Ecommerce will be
responsible for identifying opportunities, leveraging innovation,
developing targeted strategies and leading the conception and
execution of the roadmap that will drive the web to aggressive
growth and performance milestones. S/he will lead a team of
designers, and developers, as well as will oversee agency partners,
will craft business cases and will work in collaboration across all
commercially focused business units, both domestically and
internationally. The successful candidate not only can demonstrate
a solid track record of increased web channel growth, but also
shows a keen eye for customer advocacy, refinement and
performance-based optimization of ecommerce environments, and knows
how to leverage emerging technologies to drive sales. In short, the
successful candidate is curious about the latest trends, closely
tracks the effectiveness of the implementations added to the
product, and displays deep passion for customers, technology,
design and meaningful collaboration. Essential Duties and
- Continuously think big and develop innovative ideas challenging
the product "status quo." See opportunities where others might miss
them and champion the execution of said ideas via optimization,
definition and delivery of new features that will improve overall
business results and achieve online revenue targets.
- Effectively find insights and opportunities using data, primary
and secondary research, market analysis, user feedback and
technology trends. Subsequently, build the business case justifying
the testing or development of these opportunities, both from a
quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, while having the ability to
motivate, engage and maximize collaboration, with highly creative
team members (i.e. technologists and user experience designers,
- Serve as Roadmap owner, starting with the definition of the
overall product strategic direction, and maintaining a rolling
18-24-month feature/story pipeline, aligned with the product
strategy and objectives.
- Lead the prioritization of the product backlog, definition of
the user stories and the completion of product owner activities as
defined by the agile/lean methodology.
- Excellent, engaging and timely communication and presentation
skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate
just as effectively with senior Executives as with highly
specialized and technical individual contributors, locally and
- Ensure the adoption and effectiveness of the optimizations and
enhancements added to the product, and periodically report on their
continuous positive impact on results.
- Identify, evaluate and manage strategic partnerships to bring
industry-leading tools and features to Celebrity in a
- Remain up to date about the latest digital, ecommerce,
marketing, travel and global business trends, by reading
publications and attending sessions with thought leaders and
subject matter experts in these and related spaces and
- Establish relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
across the company. including Corporate Digital and IT teams.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements Qualifications,
- Relevant Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. MBA
- 5+ years demonstrated experience of increasing online
conversion in retail, hotel, and/or travel industry.
- 5+ years' experience with ecommerce best practices and
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and roadmap planning.
- Deep understanding of online marketing principles, including
but not limited to conversion optimization, cross- and upsell,
audience segmentation, A/B testing, merchandising, etc.
- Proficiency in user experience and design principles.
- Proven track record of successful web application
implementation and project management.
- Thorough understanding of web analytics, tagging requirements,
KPI design, attribution principles and metrics reporting.
- Advanced proficiency in standard eCommerce software and
platforms; knowledge of JIRA, Monetate, Adobe Test and Target or
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager and/or SEO Strategies
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment, and
autonomously as required.
- Ability to assume cross functional roles and responsibilities
- The role requires creativity, analysis, and flexibility,
working in a fast-paced, changing environment, aiming for
- Certifications, article authoring or demonstrated influencer
status in online business, digital, ecommerce and/or interactive
marketing disciplines, a big plus.
- Leadership & Communication
- Critical thinking
- Highly analytical and detail oriented.
- Experience in all phases of the web development life cycle,
with familiarity with the Agile methodology.
- Highly motivated and positive Can-Do attitude.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple teams in different
locales, different time zones, different levels of digital/online
- Team Player. Flexible on working hours. It is the policy of the
Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to
qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment.-- If you're interested in
career opportunities, but not ready to apply, join our Talent
Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest
job opportunities and company news. Royal Caribbean Group is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Hollywood , Product Owner, Global ECommerce in Miami, FL at Celebrity Cruises, Inc., Other , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!