PASTRY - SOUS CHEF
Company: Seminole Gaming
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino HollywoodSeminole Hard Rock
Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock
International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This
world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination
unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings
include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168
luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis
Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly
redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count
of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the
lush, "Bora Bora" style lagoon with private cabanas and butler
service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa-- & Salon; a 13.5-acre
recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle
boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive
gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker
room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space
including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a
26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard
Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will
showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances,
sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated
resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation
along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort
Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from
downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more
information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com,
call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook:
SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram:
@HardRockHolly.Responsibilities:Under the direction of the Director
- Creative Culinary, is responsible for supervising the staff and
daily operations of the kitchen, ensuring a fresh, positive and
exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery and execution
of product excellence and service are paramount.
Essential Job Functions:
Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission
Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and
- Accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen to ensure
that the overall operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- Place & check food requisitions in accordance with menus.
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report
- Train staff at lower levels and coach and direct employees to
perform to Kitchen Operations.
- Use correct techniques, procedures and recipes for preparing
and cooking food.
- Apply culinary skills to prepare meals, with flavor,
ingredients, temperature, presentation and quality consistent with
standards and guest expectations
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company.
- Check food cost on a daily basis and ensure continual awareness
of monthly food cost.
- Develop and maintain high standards of hygiene within
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards.
- Knowledge in full Pastry menu and techniques.
- Ensure service is fast, fun, friendly, fresh, and focused.
- Ensuring that all HACCP folders, forms, records and procedures
are adhered to and updated at all times
- Develop department members' knowledge and skills through
education, training, coaching, corrective counseling, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate
management of concerns and observations.
- Conduct personal behavior and select, train, coach, counsel,
appraise and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions
and behaviors that reinforce the Company's Mission and Values of
Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and
- Demonstrate commitment to assisting in the development of
Seminole Tribe members participating in the Tribal Career
Development program and, when a Seminole Tribe member's assignment
falls within your direct area of responsibility, act as a personal
mentor/career advisor to the Tribe Member and submit progress
reports and information to the Director of Tribal Development.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to appropriate
management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal
acts or internal ethics violations.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to best manage labor costs
while maintaining outstanding guest service.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area
of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to
management, peers, direct reports and team members as
- Ensure activities comply with relevant statutory and regulatory
requirements, legal demands and professional and ethical
- Comply with all internal policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Culinary degree in Pastry required and a minimum of four (4)
years pastry experience required along with two (2) years of pastry
kitchen supervisory experience or the equivalent.
- Must have received Training in Pastry, Garde Manger, Butchery,
Bakery, Hot Production, Japanese Cooking, A La Carte, Buffet, and
Kitchen Artistry outlets required.
- Accredited training in Japanese, European and American pastry
- High level of Pastry production including but not exclusive to
cakes, chocolates, mousses, sugars
- Technically sound in Japanese and French pastry techniques
- Menu & recipe development
- Knowledge and capability of full menu.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close,
distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded
and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors
including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise
and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English,
specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment
practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring,
training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given
to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements.
Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized
Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.As part of
Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be
required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background
check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an
offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are
not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current
job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to
require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Seminole Gaming, Hollywood , PASTRY - SOUS CHEF, Hospitality & Tourism , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!