Physician Assistant - Outpatient: MPG - Peds Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology
Company: Memorial Regional Hospital
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Physician Assistant - Outpatient: MPG - Peds
Functions as a health care provider in a clinic setting providing evidence based care, including but not limited to, diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health care under the general supervision of a physician.
* Practices within a multidisciplinary healthcare team providing diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative healthcare management by performing a variety of medical or surgical tasks.
* Obtains complete medical history from patients and performs comprehensive and focused physical examinations appropriate for patient population.
* Organizes and presents historical and physical data, together with evaluations and recommendations, to the healthcare team in such way as to permit him/her to clearly identify a medical problem and determine appropriate diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
* Executes diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as indicated.
* Provides follow-up and health maintenance care to patients based upon accepted standards of care and best practice.
* Instructs and counsels patients with respect to health promotion and/or health maintenance.
* Maintains complete and accurate records of contacts with patients whether in person, virtually or by telephone.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* Accredited Program
* Physician Assistant
* Physician Assistant License - FL
* BLS Certification
* BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant training program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
* ---This job requires privileging and credentialing.------Employees who are hired/transfer/re-hired must meet certification requirements. Any movement requires meeting the credentials outlined in the job description.------Master's degree in PA studies or Medical Sciences and NCCPA certification is preferred. ATLS, ACLS or PALS may be required depending upon the area of practice.
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 80.00%
* Squatting 60.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 40.00%
* Dust 40.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
* Hazardous Medication 40.00%
* Latex 40.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Magnetic Fields 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Radiation 60.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is a 226 bed free-standing children's hospital in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida located near Fort Lauderdale. The hospital is currently undergoing a 4-story vertical expansion to double the number of floors and to continue to meet its commitment to providing the highest quality and safest care for children in the region.
JDCH is one of 6 hospitals that are part of Memorial Healthcare System, the 3rd largest public health system in the country. Memorial delivers nearly 14,000 babies per year in 3 hospitals and has 132 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - both level 2 and 3 (the state of Florida does not yet have a separate designation for level 4 care). JDCH has robust high-risk and congenital programs including a US News and World Report ranked pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Program, one of only two active programs in the state that does heart transplants. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital's Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine program is also ranked by US News and World Report as number one in Florida and is one of the largest programs in the southeastern United States. JDCH also has robust Neurosciences, Hematology/Oncology and other specialized surgical programs (approximately 10,000 surgeries per year). They also have the area's largest pediatric and neonatal transport team, which also does mobile ECMO. JDCH serves over 375,000 children per year from around the state. Approximately 100,000 children are cared for in our 3 emergency rooms across the county per year. JDCH's services continue to grow with the opening of the new specialty center/ambulatory surgery center in Palm Beach County in 2018 and a new ambulatory pavilion in Miramar, near Miami-Dade County which will open in 2021.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers resources for academic pursuits, spanning from clinical research to basic science investigation via affiliations with nearby universities and through its Pediatric Institute for Discovery and Innovation (PIDI). Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital has an established pediatric residency program and deep relationships with other hospital providers and universities.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital combines leading-edge clinical excellence with a child- and family-friendly environment that emphasizes the Power of Play. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services - delivered with kindness, dedication and compassion.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Physician Assistant - Outpatient: MPG - Peds
Keywords: Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood , Physician Assistant - Outpatient: MPG - Peds Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
here to apply!