Company: Memorial Hospital Miramar
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Physician Assistant - Inpatient/Outpatient - Orthopedics -
Full-Time - Miramar: MPG - OrthopedicsSummary:
Functions as a health care provider in an inpatient/outpatient
setting providing evidence based care, including but not limited
to, diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health care under the
general supervision of a physician.
* Practices within a multidisciplinary healthcare team providing
diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative healthcare management by
performing a variety of medical or procedural tasks.
* Obtains complete medical history from patients and performs
comprehensive and focused physical examinations appropriate for
* Organizes and presents historical and physical data on daily
rounds, together with evaluations and recommendations, to the
healthcare team in such way as to permit him/her to clearly
identify a medical problem and determine appropriate diagnostic or
therapeutic procedures; synthesizes relevant data during outpatient
* Executes diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as indicated.
* Provides follow-up and health maintenance care to patients based
upon accepted standards of care and best practice.
* Instructs and counsels patients with respect to health promotion
and/or health maintenance.
* Maintains complete and accurate records of contacts with patients
whether in person, virtually or by telephone.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and
productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a
nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an
interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
* Accredited Program
* Physician Assistant
* Physician Assistant License - FL
* BLS Certification
* BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant training
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
* ---This job requires privileging and
credentialing.------Employees who are hired/transfer/re-hired must
meet certification requirements or possess 7 years of APP
experience in particular area of expertise. Any movement requires
meeting the credentials outlined in the job description. Master's
degree in PA studies or Medical Sciences and NCCPA certification is
preferred. ATLS is required for Trauma roles. ACLS or PALS may be
required depending upon the area of practice.
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 40.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 80.00%
* Squatting 60.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication 60.00%
* Latex 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Miramar, Hollywood , Physician Assistant , Healthcare , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!