RN-OR, Staff Relief-Days, JDCH: JDCH - Operating Room - OR - Operating Room
Company: Memorial Regional Hospital
Posted on: November 18, 2022
RN-OR, Staff Relief-Days, JDCH: JDCH - Operating
Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty
unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice
and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient
assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May
precept student nurses and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and
productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and
implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual
needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
* KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and
interventions for specific populations with specific
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year
* --- Department specific credentials - See below
* ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required
for those RN's administering chemotherapy.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU,
Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.
* PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU.
Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential
Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D
* Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and
Fetal Monitoring if L&D.
Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity 40.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 80.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 40.00%
* Heating Devices 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is a 226 bed free-standing
children's hospital in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida located
near Fort Lauderdale. The hospital is currently undergoing a
4-story vertical expansion to double the number of floors and to
continue to meet its commitment to providing the highest quality
and safest care for children in the region.
JDCH is one of 6 hospitals that are part of Memorial Healthcare
System, the 3rd largest public health system in the country.
Memorial delivers nearly 14,000 babies per year in 3 hospitals and
has 132 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - both level 2 and 3
(the state of Florida does not yet have a separate designation for
level 4 care). JDCH has robust high-risk and congenital programs
including a US News and World Report ranked pediatric Cardiology
and Heart Surgery Program, one of only two active programs in the
state that does heart transplants. Joe DiMaggio Children's
Hospital's Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine program is also ranked
by US News and World Report as number one in Florida and is one of
the largest programs in the southeastern United States. JDCH also
has robust Neurosciences, Hematology/Oncology and other specialized
surgical programs (approximately 10,000 surgeries per year). They
also have the area's largest pediatric and neonatal transport team,
which also does mobile ECMO. JDCH serves over 375,000 children per
year from around the state. Approximately 100,000 children are
cared for in our 3 emergency rooms across the county per year.
JDCH's services continue to grow with the opening of the new
specialty center/ambulatory surgery center in Palm Beach County in
2018 and a new ambulatory pavilion in Miramar, near Miami-Dade
County which will open in 2021.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers resources for academic
pursuits, spanning from clinical research to basic science
investigation via affiliations with nearby universities and through
its Pediatric Institute for Discovery and Innovation (PIDI). Joe
DiMaggio Children's Hospital has an established pediatric residency
program and deep relationships with other hospital providers and
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital combines leading-edge clinical
excellence with a child- and family-friendly environment that
emphasizes the Power of Play. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services - delivered
with kindness, dedication and compassion.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood , RN-OR, Staff Relief-Days, JDCH: JDCH - Operating Room - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!