Company: Memorial Hospital Miramar
Posted on: September 24, 2022
RN-Clinical Manager - Medical/Telemetry, FT Nights, $7,500 Sign
On Bonus, MHM: MHM - 4 South Med/TelemetrySummary:
Manages the daily operations of the assigned department, unit, or
function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational
objectives. May provide direct care to patients.
* Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards,
and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision
of the organization.
* Manages staff relations including performance management, staff
satisfaction and conflict management. May oversee scheduling,
recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
* Ensures regulatory compliance. Assist with the identification,
determination and need for systems, equipment and supplies.
Monitors usage, and oversees proper working order of equipment and
ensures adequate supplies.
* Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs
of patients and families and provides patient and family centered
care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient
assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as
* This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,skills, efforts or
working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and
productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and
implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual
needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based
* ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and
tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
* MANAGING PEOPLE: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and
systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational
* PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY: Maintains a credible and professional
image by modeling organizational values and exhibiting knowledge
and skills required to contribute to team/department/organizational
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
* ACLS Certification
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action. May be required to work
odd shifts or provide weekend coverage.
Required Work Experience: 3 years nursing experience.
* --------- Department specific credentials - See below
* ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required
for those RN's administering chemotherapy.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU,
Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.
* PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU.
Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential
Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D
* Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and
Fetal Monitoring if L&D.
Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity 40.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 80.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 80.00%
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200
people lived there. Today, it's home to 200,000 residents who can
call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding
compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar
includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The
Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the
world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
* Cardiac Telemetry Unit
* Imaging Services
* Intensive Care
* Women's Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
* [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics
and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation's 100 Top
Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS
Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Miramar, Hollywood , RN-Clinical Manager , Healthcare , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!