RN-OR, SR-Flex, MRH: Operating Room: Operating Room
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty
unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice
and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient
assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May
precept student nurses and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and
productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and
implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual
needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
* KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and
interventions for specific populations with specific
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year OR RN experience
** Department specific credentials - See below
- ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required
for those RN's administering chemotherapy.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU,
Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.
- PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU.
Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential
Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D
- Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and
Fetal Monitoring if L&D.
Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements
* Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
* Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
* Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ;
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
* Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
* Running ; ; ; 40.00%
* Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
* Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
* Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
* Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
* Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 40.00%
* Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
* Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
* Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
* Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
* Dust ; ; ; 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 80.00%
* Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
* Domestic Animals ; ; ; 40.00%
* Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
* Heating Devices ; ; ; 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields ; ; ; 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in
1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and
compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with
553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare
System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and
most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and
technologies. Services include:
+ Medical and Surgical Services
+ Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
+ Memorial Cancer Institute
+ Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
+ Memorial Neuroscience Institute
+ The Family Birthplace
+ Women's Services
+ Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom
deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial
Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence
Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for
three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health
Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals,
and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement
Award from the American Stroke Association.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should
it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer committed to workplace diversity.
Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified
candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race,
color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic
information, or any factor prohibited by law.
We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military,
reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers).
You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage
of this program.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , RN-OR, SR-Flex, MRH: Operating Room: Operating Room, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!