Athletic Trainer, Part Time - Flex, JDCH: Program Dev.-Sports Medicine
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Athletic Trainers are responsible for providing training services
for local schools, community events as needed, and sport specific
rehabilitation/reconditioning for injured athletes. Athletic
trainers provide service to school age, and adolescent. Athletic
Trainers perform job duties within the Sports Medicine Program.
These duties include evaluation of injured athletes and assessment
- Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about
a large range of medical problems. Assessment and evaluation skills
and working with other healthcare professionals will be
- Attention to Detail: should be thorough and detailed with
injury tracking and documentation. Maintain adequate medical
records on all injuries and rehabilitation procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in
high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical
professionals, staff and families.
- Establish a working relationship with a designated team
physician, community physicians, school nurses, athletic directors,
- Establish daily hours of operation for the athletic training
facility and maintain a clean and sterile environment for medical
use. Develop comprehensive venue and condition specific emergency
action plans that should be rehearsed annually.
- Complete Memorial Healthcare System policies training to
include: Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan training,
HIPPA, and comply with the regulations therein.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care
prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical
condition, age and diversity.
- DOCUMENTATION: Provides written/electronic record of details of
patient care as appropriate to position, certification and
- THERAPEUTIC EXERCISE/ACTIVITIES: Treats patients using a
prescribed plan of therapeutic exercise or activity to correct
- EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE: Inspects equipment and validates that
equipment is in proper working order.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes
and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS: Builds positive and productive
business relationships with individuals and groups.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various
audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
- TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
- HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Maintains patient information
within current legal requirements and privacy laws.
- Athletic Trainer License - FL
- BLS Certification
- Board of Athletic Trainer Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Education equivalent experience:
- Bachelor's degree and graduate of an accredited Athletic
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills,
effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to
build and foster positive relationships. The incumbent must be able
to lead others and take appropriate action when required.
Required Work Experience: No Prior Work Experience Required.
- Bending and Stooping 20.00%
- Keyboard Entry 20.00%
- Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Standing 40.00%
- Walking 20.00%
- Audible Speech 20.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 20.00%
- Computer Monitor 20.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 20.00%
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is a 226 bed free-standing
children's hospital in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida located
near Fort Lauderdale. The hospital is currently undergoing a
4-story vertical expansion to double the number of floors and to
continue to meet its commitment to providing the highest quality
and safest care for children in the region.JDCH is one of 6
hospitals that are part of Memorial Healthcare System, the 3rd
largest public health system in the country. Memorial delivers
nearly 14,000 babies per year in 3 hospitals and has 132 Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - both level 2 and 3 (the state of
Florida does not yet have a separate designation for level 4 care).
JDCH has robust high-risk and congenital programs including a US
News and World Report ranked pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery
Program, one of only two active programs in the state that does
heart transplants. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital's Orthopaedic
and Sports Medicine program is also ranked by US News and World
Report as number one in Florida and is one of the largest programs
in the southeastern United States. JDCH also has robust
Neurosciences, Hematology/Oncology and other specialized surgical
programs (approximately 10,000 surgeries per year). They also have
the area's largest pediatric and neonatal transport team, which
also does mobile ECMO. JDCH serves over 375,000 children per year
from around the state. Approximately 100,000 children are cared for
in our 3 emergency rooms across the county per year. JDCH's
services continue to grow with the opening of the new specialty
center/ambulatory surgery center in Palm Beach County in 2018 and a
new ambulatory pavilion in Miramar, near Miami-Dade County which
will open in 2021.Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers resources
for academic pursuits, spanning from clinical research to basic
science investigation via affiliations with nearby universities and
through its Pediatric Institute for Discovery and Innovation
(PIDI). Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital has an established
pediatric residency program and deep relationships with other
hospital providers and universities.Joe DiMaggio Children's
Hospital combines leading-edge clinical excellence with a child-
and family-friendly environment that emphasizes the Power of Play.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers a comprehensive range of
healthcare services - delivered with kindness, dedication and
compassion.Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor
should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , Athletic Trainer, Part Time - Flex, JDCH: Program Dev.-Sports Medicine, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!