Medical Service Technician
Company: Vitas Healthcare
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Medical Service Technician (MST) is an entry level position
whose primary responsibilities include: driving a box truck,
delivery-pick up of home medical equipment, education to patients
and/or caregivers. Work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent
customer service and communication skills. Paid on-call work hours
are required. This position requires the ability to work
independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local
regulations and compliance.
* Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and
related supplies to/from patient's residence and skilled
* Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or
caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical
* Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
* Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to VITAS
Healthcare policies and procedures to comply with infection
control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
* Represent VITAS Healthcare professionally at all times through
care delivered and services provided to all clients.
* Function within federal, state, local, VITAS Healthcare and
professional guidelines and regulations.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within VITAS Healthcare.
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled
maintenance of equipment.
* Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to
train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy
and Enteral Pumps.
* Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of
* Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments
as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
* Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily
* Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired
* May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed.
* Clean/disinfect, test, and repair medical equipment and maintain
accurate records and documentation in accordance with VITAS
Healthcare policies and procedures.
* Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
* Maintain proper storage of equipment.
* Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
* Coordinate equipment, supply inventory levels, and communicate
with Home Medical Equipment (HME) staff.
* Maintain oxygen refill files.
* Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
* Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting,
lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
* Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
* Wear Safety-toed shoes as provided by VITAS Healthcare.
* Operate vehicles according to VITAS Healthcare policies and
procedures to assure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, FDA and DOT
* Operate vehicles in a safe, responsible and defensive manner.
* Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of vehicles.
* Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or
* Present equipment education to a level of understanding by
* Report equipment/patient issues to immediate Supervisor.
* Maintain accurate records in accordance with VITAS Healthcare
policies and procedures, i.e., patient equipment
delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and
* May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and
counseling on job duties and responsibilities.
* Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or
* Completion of all required training during first year of
employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
* Perform on-call work as required.
* Maintain positive work relations with staff members
* Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical
* Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to
patients/families and other members of VITAS Healthcare and the
* Perform other job duties as requested.
* Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
* Adhere to all VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
* Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical
* Current driver's license in applicable state.
* Ability to lift 100 pounds when required.
* Highly Organized
* Strong Administrative Skills
* PC Competent
* Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
* Work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent
* High school diploma or equivalent.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
* EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Hollywood , Medical Service Technician, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!