Registered Pharmacy Tech (Part Time, Varied shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Supports Pharmacists with order processing, preparation of general
and specialty medication (Chemotherapy, TPN and Cardiac Preps) IV
solutions, syringes, admixtures and/or non- IV doses. Processes
floor stock orders, maintains medication inventories, answers the
phones, provides customer support, and removes outdated medications
and medication deliveries for the Inpatient Pharmacy.Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements
- Registered in the State of Florida as a Pharmacy Technician-
maintain active and in good standing throughout
employment.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate of an approved pharmacy certification course
- Three years of experience as a hospital pharmacy technician
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional
- General and specialty (Chemotherapy, TPN and Cardiac IV)
admixture preparation experience or trained for inpatient pharmacy
- Knowledge and skills in IV admixture and Unit Dose medication
preparation for inpatient pharmacy or bulk dispensing for
outpatient pharmacy preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze information.
- Knowledge of percentage and basic math calculations.
- Ability to coordinate the sequence of a process.
- Ability to relate cooperatively, courteously, and
constructively with patients, nursing personnel, coworkers,
- Knowledge of Metric system of measurement.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of medication preparation and
dispensing for an outpatient pharmacy.
- Knowledge of generic and brand medication names.
- Able to communicate effectively with the public and internal
- Able to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be accurate,
to handle constantly stressful and changing situations, and to
create a positive work environment.Job Specific Duties
- Answers the phone according to departmental standards and
directs calls as appropriate using excellent customer service.
- Prepares and delivers medications per hospital standards to the
designated Nursing Units in a timely manner and picks up returned
- Maintains active participation in Lean committee
- Completes periodic area inspections in a timely manner, as
assigned, for removal of outdated medications prior to expiration
- Receives daily shipments of medications from vendors and
warehouse and accurately reports medication barcodes into
designated computer system.
- Assists with stocking, maintaining, cleaning, and organizing
the storage room.
- Prepares medications accurately and efficiently for individual
patient use from stock and bulk supply.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares standardized doses of
medication including unit dose and cassette fill for patient
- Prepares specific IV admixtures syringes and large volume IV
medications accurately and efficiently using proper USP 797 aseptic
- Accurately prepares Parenteral Nutrition (PN), Chemotherapy, OR
and Cardiovascular Trays.
- Accurately weighs, counts, and measures medications, labels
patient specific medications, and places the finished product in a
suitable container for pharmacist check.
- Responsible for responding to equipment alerts, maintaining the
automated dispensing machines, and other routine equipment in the
Pharmacy and hospital.
Job : Pharmacy
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus
Department : PHARMACY-2100-730000
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Hollywood , Registered Pharmacy Tech (Part Time, Varied shift), Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!