Primary Care Physician needed in Miramar, FL
Company: Sanitas Medical Center
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Hollywood, Florida. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Provides quality, comprehensive inpatient and outpatient primary
health care services to the Medical Center's patients. Reports
directly to the Medical Director regarding clinical issues and
activities related to the delivery of medical care. Primary Care
Physicians are expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals
and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve
them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center
policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal
regulations. Primary Care Physicians provide the full scope of
primary care services, which fall under his/her field of training,
including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of
care, preventive care and health maintenance of their patients.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtain health history and perform physical
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for
- Prescribe medication in accordance with state statute and
professional practice guidelines.
- Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient
seen in accordance with the Center's established Health Information
Management policies and procedures.
- Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical
services on a timely basis as per Clinic schedule within the
Center's scope of practice and the provider's training.
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via
telephone, videoconference, chat, or face-to-face contact to assist
patients with their health care needs.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and
follow-up in a timely manner.
- Follows established departmental and medical center policies,
procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvements
objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or
prevention programs as needed i.e. diabetes collaborative/health
fairs etc.; attends and participates in medical center meetings /
departmental meetings and other medical center functions as
required by the Center.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as
- Assist in outside medical public relations functions.
- Trains, mentors and supervises students and clinical support
staff, as appropriate Supervises mid-level practitioners (physician
assistants and nurse practitioners).
- Perform other duties as assigned by medical director.
Required Education and Experience
- Current unrestricted State Medical License.
- Current State D.E.A. Certificate.
- Degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine/Family
- Annual continuing medical education as required by Board
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which
demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities
as described including related work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Two years of experience working with multi-cultural patient
population delivering patient-centric programs that are high
quality and cost effective.
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Sanitas Medical Center, Hollywood , Primary Care Physician needed in Miramar, FL, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!