RN Quality Assurance Case Manager Access Nursecare - Hollywood, FL
Company: Access Nursecare
Posted on: November 18, 2021
RN Quality Assurance Case Manager
Job Description Summary
The RN Case Manager is a professional registered nurse responsible
for supervisory visits of medicare and private duty clients, OASIS,
care coordination, and all of the quality activities of the
organization. The candidate has accountabilities for the
monitoring, implementation, and evaluation of processes and
programs to meet regulatory, accreditation, and standards of
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Collaborates with nursing caregivers for supervisory visits and
provides a process to promote and ensure employee orientation,
competency, and in-service education programs.
- Assists in the identification of skills for annual competence
and provides in-service training support.
- Evaluation, Education, Advocacy, and Caregiver
- Maintains aggregate records of employee orientation and annual
- Acts as a resource to clinical supervisors regarding standards,
policies, regulations and provides in-service training to
leadership and personnel as needed in these areas.
Intake and Admissions Coordinator
Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations including
providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation
of intake policies.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with
current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by
providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for
home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with
multiple service providers.
- Assists with patient visits as needed.
- Assists with on-call evenings and weekends on a rotational
basis and clinical calls as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Assist with Assessment on need basis and Comprehensive Care
- Care Coordination, and Problem Solving.
- Care Management Monitoring.
- Lifestyle, Social and Health Management, Utilization, and
Community Resource Coordination.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient
- Provides guidance and counseling to care teams in continually
improving all aspects of client care.
- Maintains updated nursing knowledge and skills.
- Assists with patient visits as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the
organization's quality improvement program as a QA person
- Ensures that there are processes in place to monitor and
measure all activities related to performance improvement.
- Provides direction and coordination of quality improvement
activities utilizing continuous quality improvement principles and
- Monitor organization clinical compliance with regulatory and
accreditation standards as per current knowledge related to
Medicare Conditions of Participation (MoP) and the Community Health
Accreditation Program (CHAP).
- Coordinates activities related to clinical record review for
- Compiles, trends, and reports quality data in the following
areas: patient care, safety, risk management, infection control,
outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with nursing supervisors to assure
documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects
- As a member of the Patient Grievance Committee collaborates
with management personnel in the follow-up of concerns expressed by
patients, families, and physicians.
- Establishes a process model for improvement and provides
education and training to organization personnel on the performance
improvement plan, as well as team
- Coordinate Monthly and quarterly or as-needed case conferences
with all disciplines involved inpatient care.
- Responsible for ensuring processes to monitor and evaluate
safety, risk management, and infection control programs.
- Coordinates educate and implement monitoring activities for
agency QAPI (Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program)
to include safety, risk management, and infection control.
- Coordinates mandatory in-service programs on OSHA regulations
for safety and infection control.
- Acts as a resource to personnel in identifying safety and risk
management issues for patients and personnel.
- Reviews all incident reports for completeness, risk, the
standard of care determination, and appropriate follow-up.
- Maintains logs for trending and makes recommendations related
to trends identified.
- Maintains current knowledge related to home care safety and
infection control standards.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the state.
- AA or Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program
by the National League for Nursing.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical nursing experience.
(Preferred in care management, Medicare, and private duty
- Excellent understanding of performance improvement, quality
assurance, and utilization management.
- Is self-directed and able to work with minimal
- Has excellent coordination and communication skills.
Keywords: Access Nursecare, Hollywood , RN Quality Assurance Case Manager Access Nursecare - Hollywood, FL, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!