Clinical Coordinator (RN) / Navigator Fetal Care Center (Full Time, Day shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Clinical Coordinator (RN) / Navigator Fetal Care Center (Full
Time, Day shift)-19746DescriptionJob Summary: Assesses, plans,
facilitates, and evaluates the coordination of patient care
according to unit/department policies and procedures. Provides
direct patient care to low risk obstetrical patients with high-risk
baby in a Labor and Delivery setting. Responsible to provide
clinical care including performing and interpreting electronic
fetal monitoring, conducting appropriate assessment and
interventions of the mother- baby dyad, and evaluating outcomes of
the interventions. Communicates with medical and clinical teams and
responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response
to treatment. Assesses patient needs and develops the plan of care
based on collection of data both subjective and objective and
observation of patient's clinical status. Provides clinical
leadership, utilizes effective problem solving strategies, and
applies evidence-based practice to improve patient care. Assumes
responsibility, in association with the Medical Director, to serve
as a liaison for the "community" (referring physicians, patients,
and families) with the Fetal Care Center (FCC) staff and other NCHS
Physicians and programs. Serves as both an ambassador for the Fetal
Care Center and as a leader to develop the highest possible service
to the "community". Minimum Job Requirements:
- Obtain BSN from an accredited school within 36 months upon
- Registered Nurse Licensure within the State of Florida or
Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain
active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR - American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment
- Fetal Monitory Course AWHONN required within 24 months of hire
and maintained every 2 years as required by the department
- ACLS - American Heart Association - maintain active and in good
standing throughout employment Upon hire
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program - maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment Upon hire
- 3-5 years of L&D RN experience in an acute healthcare
environment (preferred) #INDHPQualificationsEssential Job Duties:
- Coordinates and continuously monitors patient flow, supports
patient throughout utilizing appropriate resources from admission,
transfer or discharge, and facilitates the processes in a timely
- Ensures development of a collaborative and streamlined
transitional patient and family process within the FCC program and
coordinates care with community physicians and/or other related
- Serves as a nurse liaison to facilitate second opinions on
patient management with timely review of existing data and/or
arranging case discussion at FCC program/ patient conferences.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient
care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors,
avoidance of falls from surface, reduction of pain, etc.
- Independently accesses electronic health record (EHR) according
to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation
in the patient's EHR.
- Recognizes, identifies, interprets emergency situations, and
initiates appropriate action. Evaluates response to the plan of
care and collaborates with the patient upon goals and revises as
- Follows physician's orders and administers medications as
directed. Adheres to the six rights of medication
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by
consistently performing thorough hand-offs and infection prevention
- Initiates/administers therapeutic interventions, such as
medications, IV therapy, oxygen therapy, etc., under Florida Nurse
Practice Act parameters and in adherence with NCHS
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per L&D
competencies, as well as, assisting physicians with
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per hospital
policy and procedures.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care
and solicits input; communicates any patient and family concerns to
- Ensures timely communication between FCC program staff and the
referring physicians; arranges on-site/virtual consultation with
surgery and cardiology physicians; ensures all other specialty
- Serves as a front-line resource to obtain NCHS records, test
results, and other clinical information for the referring
physician's patient; provides on-site tours of the facilities.
- Responsible for teaching and addressing clinical concerns with
patient and family.
- Functions as clinical expert/role model for the Fetal Care
Program, identifying clinical and communication issues.
- Identifies educational needs of patients and families; develops
care plans to enhance patient and family education and
- Utilizes data obtained to integrate evidence-based practice
into patient care processes.
- Keeps meticulous data of physician and patient inquiries,
including outcomes related to timeliness of communication,
completed referrals, and outcomes.
- Recent perinatal nursing experience preferred.
- Certified Lactation Consultant (CLC or IBCLC) preferred.
- Experience in Childbirth Education preferred.
- CE certificate preferred.
- Career Development: National certified within 5 years of hire
- Clinical knowledge of fetal anomalies, structure, scheduling,
clinical capabilities, and staff expertise
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (verbally and
- Performs expert specialty skills required for specific
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and
Job:Nursing - ClinicalPrimary Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus
Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusDepartment:MATERNAL/FETAL
PROGRAM-2100-650000Job Status:Full Time
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Hollywood , Clinical Coordinator (RN) / Navigator Fetal Care Center (Full Time, Day shift), Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!