Case Manager - RN: MHM - Case Management - Case Management
Company: Memorial Hospital Miramar
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Case Manager - RN: MHM - Case ManagementSummary:
To support the physician and the interdisciplinary teams in facilitating patient care with the underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction with the goal of effective and timely utilization of inpatient services through the transition of care.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to regularly evaluate the patient -s current and ongoing needs.
* Participates in discharge planning including coordinating patient transfers to other facilities and coordination of community resources. Provides discharge education and resource referrals to patients. Responds to questions and concerns regarding transitions of care.
* Organizes and facilities care conferences with patients, families, representatives and other members of the care team. Participates in ethics committee meetings as needed.
* Collaborates closely with governmental agencies (such as DCF, APS, CMS and KePro) to ensure safe post-acute care and regulatory compliance.
* Works with patients/families to navigate through the healthcare system (post-acute choices, insurance plans, etc.) to coordinate services.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
* DISCHARGE PLANNING CLINICAL EFFECTIVENESS: Plans, implements and manages patient discharges and/or transfers.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
* BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing Program or MSW degree
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: None
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 40.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 60.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication 40.00%
* Latex 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 60.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it's home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
* Cardiac Telemetry Unit
* Imaging Services
* Intensive Care
* Women's Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
* [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Case Manager - RN: MHM - Case ManagementSummary:
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Miramar, Hollywood , Case Manager - RN: MHM - Case Management - Case Management, Executive , Miramar, Florida
here to apply!