Business Office Manager
Company: Consulate Health Care
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Nspire Healthcare, we are here to NSPIRE lives for
change!!!!Nspire health care is seeking energetic, fun, loving,
passionate team players eager to provide commitment, affirmative,
resolve, and excellence C.A.R.E to our patients/residents.
-$2500.00 Sign on Bonus -Purpose of Your Job Position -As a
Business Office Manager (BOM), you are expected to provide
innovative, responsible results with the creation and
implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve
systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary
purpose of your position is to manage the business office
department for a skilled nursing facility. -Job Functions -As
Business Office Manager, you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties. This position is responsible for
managing all functions of the business office, including billing,
collections, resident trust, payroll and accounts payable. The BOM
position supervises the Business Office staff, including the
Receptionist, the Business Office Coordinator, the Assistant BOM
(if applicable) and any other staff in the care center business
office. This positions works closely with the Regional Directors of
Business Office Services and the Central Billing Office. This job
description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be
asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will
be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks
listed in this job description. The employer has the right to
revise this job description at any time, for any reason. - -Duties
and Responsibilities -
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the business office,
including supervision of the billing, collecting, resident trust
accounting, payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Responsible for the supervision, hiring and training of the
business office staff.
- Responsible for coordinating and directing the day to day
responsibilities of the business office staff.
- Ensures the business office functions are adequately staffed to
minimize gaps in coverage.
- Responsible for all aspects of the resident trust accounting
system, including security of patient funds.
- Oversee the patient billing system to ensure accuracy of
patient account billing information, including coordination with
other departments necessary.
- Responsible for all patient related accounts receivable
balances including Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Private and Other
Payers to ensure accurate balances, timely billing and
- Responsible for front end collections of A/R balances due from
residents while in-house (meets with residents and responsible
parties upon admission and routinely thereafter to follow up on
- Responsible for back end collections of A/R balances due from
residents after discharge.
- Manage the Medicaid pending application and conversion process
to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsible for month-end closing of billing system in
accordance with company policy and timelines.
- Responsible for timely processing of charges, adjustments,
refunds, payment posting and write offs.
- Ensures patient bills and collection letters are processed
accurately and timely.
- Provide Central Billing Office with additional billing
information to clear claim edits and rejections.
- Coordinate responses to various audit requests.
- Ensures payroll records are processed accurately and
- Ensures accounts payable invoices are processed accurately and
- Coordinates and attends meetings as needed.
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development,
appraisal of personnel.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
knowledge/skill. -Education/Experience -
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or
one to two years related experience and/or training; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year experience in a Skilled
Nursing Facility business office setting with specific
billing/collecting and patient trust accounting experience.
- Prior supervisor experience in a business office setting
preferred. -Specific Requirements -
- Point Click Care (PCC) billing system experience
- National Data Care Resident Funds Management System (RFMS)
- Experience using Excel, Power point, and Word.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and
complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original
or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and
persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, public
groups and boards of directors.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient personal computer skills to include electronic mail,
record keeping, routine database activity, word processing,
spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously. -Working Conditions -
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on
other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Communicates with nursing personnel, and other department
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, visitors, etc.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel,
visitors, government agencies and personnel, etc., under all
conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
chemicals. - -EEO/MFDV
Keywords: Consulate Health Care, Hollywood , Business Office Manager, Executive , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!