Hotel Mgr/Director of Owner Relations
Company: Costa Hollywood Beach Resort
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Hotel Manager is responsible for continually focusing on
achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost
control, guest satisfaction and developing employees training and
engagement, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
- Participate in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten
accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and
meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly
- Tour the operating departments, daily, ensuring the smooth
operation and staffing in all areas making adjustments as needed
via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions
and review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with all operational
department heads to ensure proper training, review of financials,
goals and operational performance.
- Attend operational line ups at least once a week (Housekeeping,
Front Desk, MaSo, Culinary and Banquets)
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers,
M.OI.D.s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain, develop and monitor the effectiveness of the Lobby
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train
new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel's budget process as
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel's monthly forecast
process as required
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each
department using the steps to effective training according to
Highgate Hotel standards.
- Ensure that all department heads follow the payroll procedure,
managing Overtime and meal break penalties according to Highgate
- Ensure that all operational departments as well as our vendors
and partners follow the PCI compliance protocol.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest, through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer. And GM
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly,
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests,
management and all other employees.
- On a monthly basis, forecast the hotel's financial position by
estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and
projected data to generate an accurate Reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all operational management interviews and
follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in
their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
operational management position within the hotel prior to any offer
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s, and ensure that managers are in
compliance to the standards in their administration of performance
appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are
in compliance to the standards in their administration of
counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President of
Operations, Regional Director of Operations, General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and
potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active
role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct daily WBR
Keywords: Costa Hollywood Beach Resort, Hollywood , Hotel Mgr/Director of Owner Relations, Executive , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!