Head / Director of Product Management (Wall Art & Home Decor) JO-2203-969
Company: ACCUR Recruiting Services
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Title: Director of Product Management (Wall Art & Home
Decor)Location: Hollywood, FLIndustry: Wall art & home decorMarket:
Mostly USChannel: DTC, marketplaces, wholesaleReporting to: Chief
Creative OfficerLanguages: English onlySalary Range (USD): Base +
bonus (+ equity for exceptional candidates)Benefits: Full
benefitsVisa: Requires a valid work permit (no visa sponsorship
possible)Job ID: JO-2203-969
TagsKeyword(s): Fine Arts, Interior Design / Furniture, Luxury
GoodsFunction(s): Marketing, Marketing (Product
Development)Region(s): USA, Fort Lauderdale / West Palm Beach,
Our ClientOur client for this Head / Director of Product Management
role is a successful, independent fast growing wall art and home
decor company. Their channels of distribution in the order of
importance are (1) their own direct-to-consumer website, (2) market
places like Wayfair, Amazon, Restoration Hardware etc, and (3)
brick and mortar stores.
Their goal is to position the company as a premium luxury brand and
global leader for high-end, unique wall art. They are in the
process of moving away from the canvas commodity product to focus
on special elevated art finishes to create long lasting value and
build a meaningful relationship with our customers/collectors. This
is an opportunity to join our organization in a brand new position
that will directly support this strategic goal.
ObjectiveThe Head / Director of Product Management will define the
product strategy, the channel mix, and oversee the entire lifecycle
to meet the company's quarterly and yearly objectives. This role
will have financial accountability, including P&L and
performance of the strategy implemented.
As the Head / Director of Product Management, you will be
responsible for defining channel mix, product launch strategies and
building annual consumer and channel innovation plans by
understanding the consumer's needs, customer and competitive
landscape, business model metrics and market dynamics. You will
spearhead the development and execution of products from a
data-backed planning process to launch. You will manage the ongoing
innovation pipeline, identifying opportunities for future growth
and bringing to market new product launches. You will be a champion
of execution, working closely with operations to ensure that
launches are rolled out on time and within budget.
In your day-to-day you will compose strategies to distribute and
create appealing product assortments and pricing strategies for all
our brands and client types. These will align with brand
vision/strategy and through an omni-channel lens, owning and
understanding the positioning, pricing and branding for all
The DPM also translates strategy into actionable tactics that
execute and meet or exceed objectives including sales, gross margin
dollar, and inventory turn. As the Director of Product Management,
you will build a team as well as cooperate with the creative
development, marketing and sales teams to define and deliver the
products, guide development and monitor performance throughout the
product life cycle.
This role is for someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial
environment with the ability to work autonomously. If you are a
strong executor, using experimentation and user research to inform
decisions, learning from new information and adjusting accordingly,
communicating and managing relationships with stakeholders, this
role is for you.
Job DescriptionStrategic Planning and Management
- Set the strategy, roadmap, and vision for products across all
- Accountable, one voice owner for product management from
initial planning to product termination.
- Set vision and define success for product innovation
- Support the development of brand strategy and annual brand
marketing plans via proper products planning.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies and pricing through
continuous learning of the environment and studying of the
data.Product Lifecycle Management
- Responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the
product's roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of
meeting deliverables for the business.
- Incorporate the existing development backlog and make
priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market
- Manage the product lifecycle and end-of-life process from start
- Identify appropriate actions to ensure a healthy
- Monitor sales movement and recommend retirement, innovation,
rebranding, repositioning or improvement.Business Results and
- Own the product performance P&L and other KPIs to monitor
strategies and progress towards quarterly and yearly company
- Analyze market and business to identify opportunities for
growth, define strategies and ensure objectives are being
- Exercise critical thinking to set high performance standards,
measure for success, and adjust plans to deliver against a growth
- Conduct post-launch analysis.
- Perform gross margin analysis to ensure regular product and
price improvements are implemented and tracked.Product Education &
- Act as an evangelist to build awareness and understanding of
product management across all sales channels and internal
- Develop sell-in materials to communicate key features &
benefits and product positioning for commercialization.
- Represent the business and promote the product by advocating
for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing
events, online consumer platforms, and so forth.Project Management
- Define the business plan to deliver the product
- Manage projects including focus on innovation and merchandising
to deliver on-time with executional excellence.
- Manage communication with production departments, review
product samples, manage QA/QC, and define all processes to assure
efficient production execution across the board.Cross Functional
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Sales, to create distinctive
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to ensure all
product/seasonal activations are executed on schedule and to
- Drive alignment strategy with senior management and key
- Responsible for consulting with cross-functional partners and
driving alignment across the organization.
- Participate in key sales and marketing presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of CPG product management experience.
- Excellent project management skills, gantt chart development
and excel use.
- Great people skills paired with a high level of
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple
deadlines and adapting quickly to change, demonstrates learning
agility with desire to grow and develop.
- Leverages creative thinking, problem solves and generates
successful solutions through strategic agility.
- Ability to build credible, effective relationships with
stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Team player with a growth, development and challenge accepted
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including cross
cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with reporting fundamentals and quality decision
- Excellent customer focus with professional presence.
- Self-directed, motivated and the ability to organize and
prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Action and results oriented.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional
responsibilities when needed.
- Proficient in using technology.
- Appreciated previous experience:
- Appreciated previous titles: Head of Marketing, Marketing
Director, VP of Marketing, Brand Director,
Keywords: ACCUR Recruiting Services, Hollywood , Head / Director of Product Management (Wall Art & Home Decor) JO-2203-969, Executive , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!