Clinical Manager - OR, FT Nights, $20K Sign On Bonus, MRH: Operating Room
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Manages the daily operations of the assigned department, unit, or
function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational
objectives. May provide direct care to patients.
Clinical manager need to be moved under nurse manager from
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards,
and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision
of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff
satisfaction and conflict management. May oversee scheduling,
recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
- Ensures regulatory compliance. Assist with the identification,
determination and need for systems, equipment and supplies.
Monitors usage, and oversees proper working order of equipment and
ensures adequate supplies.
- Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs
of patients and families and provides patient and family centered
care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient
assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient
safety practices in the clinical setting.
- DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and
implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual
needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes
and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- MANAGING PEOPLE: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and
systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational
- PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY: Maintains a credible and professional
image by modeling organizational values and exhibiting knowledge
and skills required to contribute to team/department/organizational
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
- Accredited Program
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years nursing experience.
--------- Department specific credentials - See below- ONCC
Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required for those
RN's administering chemotherapy.- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU, Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and
Specialty Procedural areas.- PALS required for Pediatric areas with
the exception of NICU. Certification in Fetal Monitoring through
National Credential Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or
Advanced) for L&D RN's.- Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to
obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and Fetal Monitoring if L&D.Note: For
added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in
1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and
compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with
553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare
System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and
most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and
technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care UnitWe are also home to a team of
dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized,
award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press
Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction
(Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been
recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top
Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received
the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke
Association.Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor
should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood , Clinical Manager - OR, FT Nights, $20K Sign On Bonus, MRH: Operating Room, Executive , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!