Director, Flight Standards & QA
Company: Spirit Airlines, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Spirit Airlines, our mission is to deliver the best value in the
sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in
providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our
Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by
serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the
Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing
100's of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be one of FORTUNE World's
Most Admired-- Companies in 2021. Our constant growth and
improvement mean boundless career opportunities. Team Members
develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive
- The Giving Spirit :--We are committed to inspiring positive
change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with
giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit
Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself : We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring
their whole self to work and contribute to our success - that's why
we're committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity,
Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not
despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World : We offer competitive base salaries with
robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight
benefits for you and your family. Job Summary -- The Director of
Flight Standards and QA is responsible for providing leadership and
management for the technical program, standards development and
implementation while providing the highest degree of safety and
efficiency for the airline.
- Establishing standards and procedures to ensure compliance with
required FAA training directives.
- Researching potential industry changes associated with future
- Representing the Company in industry and government
associations in training and standards matters.
- Developing and maintaining instructional performance
- Directing the development of needs assessment programs to
ensure current training content is accurate and thorough in meeting
the Company's Pilot performance standards.
- Reporting to Flight Operations staff, the training and checking
results with regard to the effectiveness of the Flight Operations
policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing instructional programs to improve
the effectiveness of the departments training staff.
- Monitoring trends in Flight Crew Irregularity Reports, Aviation
Safety Action Program (ASAP), Flight Operation Quality Assurance
(FOQA), Advanced Qualification Program, and Line Operations Safety
Audit with timely feedback and proper operating procedure changes
and ensure corrective actions.
- Monitoring Pilot manuals and the FOTM to ensure content
accuracy and standardization.
- Maintain proficiency by flying the A320 as necessary. Assist in
- Providing aircraft - type expertise on a regular basis.
- Providing a forum for researching, evaluating, and implementing
new or revised systems policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with Manufacturer Representatives on technical and
- Serving as the Company Representative on the Event Review
- Driving manual and Operations Specifications changes to meet
the requirements of a growing and evolving airline.
- Managing the Line Check Airmen group and ensuring a
standardized approach to completion of line checks, simulator
events, and operational experience.
- Supporting improvements in the aircraft software, hardware, and
- Maintaining course currency for Training to comply with FAA
mandates or changes.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Flight
Training and Standards.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate
(e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience--
- 7-10 years' experience in Commercial Aviation Flight Ops
Training in a Leadership capacity
- Must hold an ATP certificate and complete Spirit Airlines
Initial A320 Pilot training and be type-rated on the A320.
- Effective leader with ability to manage a large staff.
- Has a deep understanding of the intricacies and interplay of
flight schedules, crew scheduling, labor contracts and crew
behavior in the airline industry.
- Knows CBA language and can interpret all provisions accurately.
Have a full understanding of the following materials with respect
to the certificate holder's operation
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- 14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations
- The certificate holder's operations specifications
- The manual required by -- 121.133 of this chapter
- Discharge their duties to meet applicable legal requirements
and to maintain safe operations
- Must be a team player, possess superior communication and
conflict resolution skills with management, crews, labor
representatives and team members.
- Be capable of analyzing and getting to the root causes of
operational issues and finding solutions.
- Naturally curious and loves to drive change that improves
results. Excellent leadership and management skills-creates
accountability, capability, commitment, execution and results in
- Domestic and International travel up to 50% of the time--
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required
assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will
be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your
Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. * -- We
offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team
members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance,
401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to
maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote
professional and career development for our Team Members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit,
competence and qualifications without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected
by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Spirit Airlines, Inc., Hollywood , Director, Flight Standards & QA, Executive , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!