Director, Maritime Cyber Security in Miami, FL
Company: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
Posted on: September 12, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Evolve strategy for protecting shipboard IT, ET and OT systems
and processes to appropriately reduce existing and emerging risks
to RCL maritime assets.
- Manage cybersecurity program to protect ships, guests, and
- Oversee RCL shipboard cybersecurity working group consisting of
members from IT, Marine Operations, Newbuild, and Global
- Leverage information security activities and technologies to
raise cyber situational awareness and protection.
- Ensure that maritime cybersecurity technology intended to
protect shipboard systems and information is configured and
operating according to established standards.
- Uphold technical standards and procedures for shipboard and
newbuild I.T. and marine operations units regarding how to securely
configure and implement I.T. and OT technology.
- Define and track appropriate remediation plans to ensure that
shipboard IT and OT vulnerabilities and defects are mitigated in a
timely manner to reduce risk to systems and information. Where
potential system weaknesses are identified, partner with other team
members within Information Security, I.T. and business units to
implement compensating controls.
- Review, interpret and explain complex maritime cyber guidelines
and future regulations such as BIMCO Cybersecurity Guidelines for
Ships, U.S. Coast Guard security requirements, and International
Maritime Organization (IMO) to executives, IT management, IT staff,
peers and non-technical team members as required to drive improve
understanding, awareness, and adoption.
- Establish and manage relationships with Senior Management
within I.T, Marine Operations, Newbuild, Global Security and
relevant business units and third party marine and IT shipboard
suppliers to review their cyber assurance program and ensure that
there is an effective understanding of responsibilities within
- Partner with industry leaders, academia to advance maritime
- Manage assigned staff to meet individual, team and department
- Develops and retains key talent; providing opportunities for
growth of technical skills and other non-technical skills for
- Leverage external information sharing forums to ensure that the
maritime cybersecurity program is staying current of emerging
industry practices. Evaluate new technology and practices that will
support and evolve the program.
- Master's degree in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or
equivalent industry experience.
- 10-12 years of experience within Information Security
- CISSP Certification
- Proven technical expertise across I.T. systems (applications,
networks etc) and information security products (i.e firewalls,
IPS, SIEM, AV) and application security/vulnerability testing
- Knowledge and experience with performing and/or leading
shipboard cybersecurity assessments of bridge, navigation, marine
engineering, hotel operations IT and onboard entertainment
- Understanding of Marine Engineering OT systems (ICS, Engine
Control, HVAC, Water Treatment, Power Generation & Management) and
Navigation Systems (ECDIS, GPS, Dynamic Positioning Systems, Voyage
- Ability to lead technical resources both within the company and
at third party vendors
- Ability to identify and prioritize remediation activities based
on risk to the overall shipboard enterprise
- Strong communication skills including the ability to influence
- Understanding of cybersecurity controls related to a number of
cybersecurity frameworks/guidelines such as NIST Cybersecurity
Framework and BIMCO/CLIA/ICS/INTERCARGO Cybersecurity
- Proven ability to builds strong relationships with Senior
Leadership, IT Staff and peers.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and time management.
Ability to manage multiple priority initiatives while ensuring
deadlines are met.
- Requires approximately 10% international travel to RCL offices,
ships, ship yards, and 3rd party marine supplier facilities to
perform shipboard cybersecurity assessments and training.
Keywords: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Hollywood , Director, Maritime Cyber Security in Miami, FL, Executive , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!