Operations Engineer RF
Company: Global Eagle
Posted on: February 21, 2021
*This position can be based in Miramar, FL or Holmdel, NJ.About
UsGlobal Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband
connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and
data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government
markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich
media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines,
private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts,
ferries, enterprise, government and military installations
worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and
exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six
continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the
company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its
customers.Find out more at . Role SummaryThe Operations Engineer,
RF is the primary interface between Engineering and Operations.
This role is responsible for the TS analysis on design, TS audit,
and re-design actions as necessary to meet operations KPI's. This
role is part of a centralized escalation point for operations
regarding all satellite, networking, product issues and Network
- Must be a proactive & capable team player, delegates and
completes assigned tasks under strict deadlines and possess a can
- Minimum 5 Years of Hands-On Industry Experience
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Installing, operating and maintaining of global EOIP networks.
(Core & Distribution Layers)
- Monitoring & managing ISP and Carrier Networks and
- Cisco certifications: CCNA/P desired.
- Fluent knowledge and hands on experience of iDirect technology,
servers, protocol processors, line cards, MODEMSs as well as other
MODEM technologies, cisco devices, EMC proprietary product and
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and general network theory/TS
- Full administration of Layer2 and Layer3 devices.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools. IPSLA, Packet Generators
- Hands-On Wi-Fi, VoIP, Video and WAN acceleration solutions
- Highly motivated with the ability to perform at the highest
levels and standards.Education & Experience
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols (VLANs, HSRP,
Dynamic Routing Protocols, MPLS).
- Advanced knowledge on BGP, QoS and Security.
- Subject matter expert on VoIP and Video Solutions (FXS, E1,
SIP, H323, Gateways/Gatekeepers).
- Manage complex transport system hardware and software
- Maintain capacity and professionalism in the compilation of
document and procedure. Skills
- Excellent presentation skills, positive, customer service
attitude and strong communication skills in English.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to operate without
- Cisco Certified (CCNA/CCNP) desired.
- iDirect Advanced IOM, BHI, and QoS Certifications desired.
- RiverBed Certifications desired.
- Advises and direct a highly diversified global team responsible
for the greater network health and welfare.
- Reviews and recommend technical solutions at all levels in
order to fulfill for the implementation of new product
- Receives Specialist Level (GSA & GDC) escalations for incidents
analysis and resolution within contracted SLA'sOur Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace ChangeWhy You Should Work HereA career with
Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and
skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and
innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we
also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision,
paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible
scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership,
concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more! Global Eagle is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.Due to COVID, our
interviews are now done in a safe environment using online
platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Please note: Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Global Eagle, Hollywood , Operations Engineer RF, Engineering , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!