Manufacturing Engineer - Additive Manufacturing
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Based in Hollywood, FL, Sintavia, LLC designs and additively
manufactures critical components for the Aerospace, Defense, &
We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of
Manufacturing Engineer, preferably someone who is looking for
long-term growth and potential. In addition to the job description
below, candidates must possess strong customer service skills, an
eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task at a quick pace.
Being a team player is a must!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CNC programming, CNC operation and support to electro discharge
machining and multi axis machining of AM manufactured
- Ability to work with CNC operators and design engineers to take
QC data, test results and other inputs to modify design files,
simulation results and work to refine processes
- Ability to work smoothly with design engineers and customers to
provide information on how to utilize the characteristics of
additive manufacturing that differ substantially from conventional
- Machine calibrations, precise laser optical system tuning and
customization of required process settings as it relates to the
reliable and repeated operation of modern metal AM machines in a
critical and high quality manufacturing environment.
- Laser power measurements
- Caustic measurements
- Alignment of laser beams.
- Laser beam focus adjustments.
- Scanner calibrations.
- Cleaning and assembling optical components.
- The ability to run AM machines correctly and transfer the
information to production.
- Data preparation on all levels of the AM process.
- AM process parameter and support structure development for high
- Creation of build files, layouts, and cost estimation models
used in an AS9100 aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Preventative maintenance of metal AM machines.
- Periodical checklists for mechanical conditions and
- Customization of the metal AM machines in order to fulfill
- Process quality control systems.
- Controlling and supporting of the on-site installation
- Follow and design standards to lead to the standardization of
AM building processes.
- Metallurgical evaluation of metallic specimens and components
as related to AM process parameters related to developmental alloys
and production based manufacturing processes.
- Patent applications.
- Tailored materials according to the industry need in
co-operation with powder manufacturers.
- Material development, process parameters and technical input as
it relates to metal AM processes.
- AM material acceptance tests in a metallography
- Support in metallic specimen preparation.
- Thermal heat treatments and hot isostatic press processing of
AM parts to refine and improve performance of critical components
used in aerospace and defense.
- Mechanical engineering and testing of AM products.
- Tensile Testing
- Fatigue Testing (LCF and HCF)
- Creep and Stress Rupture Testing
- Topology Optimization and Generative Bionic design of AM
- Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics of AM
parts, machines and processes. Assess AM candidates for
manufacturability, model modifications, and design optimization
- Strong 3D modeling background using a number of the
- Materialise Magics SG+
- SolidWorks, NX, Pro-E.
- HyperWorks, solidThinking, Autodesk Within
- Provide the technical support in transitioning AM component(s)
into production: process flow, process maps, dimensional variation,
process capability, post processing operations, operations
- 3D Scanning and data acquisition using modern and traditional
- White Blue light Scanning
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Ability to work at international level in order to transfer
high level technical information to support AM process and to
- Responsible for Project Management, Project Execution,
Organizational Support or all of these tasks for a given project
depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Provide technical guidance for AM technicians.
- Comply and ensure compliance with company policies, facility
procedures and processes
- Possess an open mind and innovative mentality to lead
development of cutting edge technology
- Assist in other tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a
technical or related field required.
- Demonstrated ability to balance department efficiency and
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
including ability to listen attentively and to communicate
information clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and
relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with
teammates at various levels across the company and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and
- Must be able to learn procedures quickly and be a team
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and a polished
Background checks and Drug Screenings will be completed on all
candidates considered for hire.
- 2+ years quality systems experience within manufacturing
- Easily adapt to new organizations / technical environments
- Project management on small to medium projects
- Aerospace experience
- Previous Additive Manufacturing Experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment,
- technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50
- Work on Specialized equipment
Keywords: Sintavia, Hollywood , Manufacturing Engineer - Additive Manufacturing, Engineering , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!